Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Your favorite bakery ?

Old 02-11-2011, 04:35 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Your favorite bakery ?

Alright, need some opinions here.

Just wondering what everyones favorite donut shop is in the 757 area...and dont give me this dunkin donuts/krispy kreme shit. Im talking bakeries, old ladies and ultra fattening deliciousness. This is all sparked because of the bakery near my wifes parents house in asheville, nc. Its is called mcfarlans and for the love of god they have the best donuts Ive ever had. I ate 14 of them this past weekend. Its ran by 3 old ladies that love to bake good shit. Orange glaze twists, boston cremes that are bursting at the seams with delicious custard covered in chocolate and the best apple fritters ive ever tasted. So im looking to try out some local places to try and find a donut shop that is just as good and not 8 hrs away. I dont eat donuts often so when I do id like to make it worth it. I love some hot krispy kremes but they just dont cut it anymore. Throw out your reccomendations please.I have been to sugar plum, and ehh they are better at cakes than donuts, ive also been to bliss bakery in vb and they make some tasty stuff. Looking to try out some new places for when I have a donut craving.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:05 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Re: Your favorite bakery ?

Ringo's Donuts
1200 South Church Street, Smithfield, VA
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

I haven't been there in some years, but the Doughnut Dinette on Colley near 20th street only makes one kind of doughnut - a glazed doughnut. I don't really like glazed doughnuts but theirs - last time I was there (like 10 years ago) - were completely amazing. Its a diner more then a bakery though - but I highly recommend checking out their doughnuts early in the AM before they are cold and sold out.

I don't know of any really good bakeries in the area....there was one for every person in Japan, it would definitely be cool to open one up here.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:55 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Honey Dew Donuts. Only catch is you'll have to drive up to Massachusetts.

But real talk, the mother effing Portuguese bakeries up by where I grew up in MA. Holy mother of God, everything they made was the stuff of legend. Damnit now I'm hungry...
Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I haven't been there in some years, but the Doughnut Dinette on Colley near 20th street only makes one kind of doughnut - a glazed doughnut. I don't really like glazed doughnuts but theirs - last time I was there (like 10 years ago) - were completely amazing. Its a diner more then a bakery though - but I highly recommend checking out their doughnuts early in the AM before they are cold and sold out.

I don't know of any really good bakeries in the area....there was one for every person in Japan, it would definitely be cool to open one up here.
+1

I use to love the hell out of it!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Glorys Bakery Pizza Bread > *

Good ass pastry's also
Old 02-11-2011, 06:58 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

never been to an actual bakery aside from krispy kreme or dunkin donuts
Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
Glorys Bakery Pizza Bread > *

Good ass pastry's also
Haha I was going to recommend Glory's as well. My wife LOVES their pizza bread, but I didn't think any one would know what I was talking about.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:02 AM
I gots boost

noshoes is a jewel in the roughnoshoes is a jewel in the roughnoshoes is a jewel in the rough

http://www.ninascakecreations.com/

Daft Mom's house! Om nom nom!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Haha I was going to recommend Glory's as well. My wife LOVES their pizza bread, but I didn't think any one would know what I was talking about.
I grew up in the gona, my friends and I used to scrape up change and ride our bikes to go get them haha.

Quick Reply: Your favorite bakery ?