Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Would you give your car/truck up for this? FI demo.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:29 PM
$Level$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Would you give your car/truck up for this? FI demo.

I may check this out: (read below from URD guys)

"We are looking for the first customer buy the URD 1GR Forced Induction System. What we need is a 05+ Tacoma with and automatic transmission. We prefer a 4x4 Double Cab for the extra weight.

We will need you to be willing to upgrade the valve body of your transmission by IPT so we don't brake the transmission right away.

The first customer should be on the central East Coast and willing to travel to the shop for installation and allow me access to the vehicle for at least a full day to calibrate the engine control system.

You will pay for the kit. What you get is to be the first to have the production kit and you get free installation and a custom calibration by myself.

We would like to do this within the next couple of weeks and we would like to do the install and calibration on a weekend.

Please only serious people and no BS folks just trying to pump me for info.

If you have a 05+ 4x4 Double Cab and are willing to do some traveling to get all this done let me know. We will decide who will be the best fit for our needs.

We have several prototype systems running, but all on manual transmission trucks so far and we would like to see how it performs on an automatic transmission before we start shipping these kits all around the world."

I have been contacted by URD and they would like to use my new Tacoma........what do I need to be aware of or concerned with?

Rich

Their Tundra kit:

Last edited by Rich; 04-30-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:32 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Would you give your car/truck up for this? FI demo.

I think it sounds cool, but I don't like the idea of you having to pay for everything youself.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Lay Low

Elhazzja has disabled reputation

what kind of car you need?
Old 04-29-2006, 06:52 PM
$Level$

Originally Posted by Elhazzja
what kind of car you need?
URD wants to use my new truck (Tacoma) for a FI setup. I pay for the kit and they install/tune it for free. I just don't have a good feel for what I need to be concerned with and whether the parts they use are top-notch. From what little research I've seen; they make some pretty good parts. They are going to call me Sunday evening to discuss details and see if I'm willing to donate the truck for a week. I haven't discussed prices yet.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:52 PM
$Level$

Originally Posted by TPJ
I think it sounds cool, but I don't like the idea of you having to pay for everything youself.

Yeah.........I'll be discussing costs on Sunday.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Lay Low

Elhazzja has disabled reputation

sorry, well that would be interesting..........
Old 04-30-2006, 04:07 AM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

Hey Rich URD is good people man. Since I bought my Xrunner I've been looking and looking. URD is the only company that makes parts for my truck. The main guy who is the one that probably contacted you one frequents the custom taco board is very helpful. They are soon to do a press release on an FI set-up for the Xrunner and you best believe I'm gonna be all over it. I say do it man and I'd love to catch a ride when you get back with it.

They do alot of test and tune development and all there numbers are whp. Xrunner should be laying down mid 300's to the the wheel with the FI set up on mild tune and boost. Go for it!
Old 04-30-2006, 04:44 AM
$Level$

Originally Posted by zexpwrd4door
Hey Rich URD is good people man. Since I bought my Xrunner I've been looking and looking. URD is the only company that makes parts for my truck. The main guy who is the one that probably contacted you one frequents the custom taco board is very helpful. They are soon to do a press release on an FI set-up for the Xrunner and you best believe I'm gonna be all over it. I say do it man and I'd love to catch a ride when you get back with it.

They do alot of test and tune development and all there numbers are whp. Xrunner should be laying down mid 300's to the the wheel with the FI set up on mild tune and boost. Go for it!

Thanks........I got the sense that they were ok from the forums also. I'm just not up to speed with Toyota products yet.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:31 AM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

From what I hear on the yota forums URD is top notch, their who EVERYONE goes to for info and parts
Old 04-30-2006, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

I have installed a few of there parts for a customer. I would recomend them to others. Only issue I had with there stuff, was the anodizing on one of there pulleys had to be machined off for a proper fit. They are easy to deal with.

Quick Reply: Would you give your car/truck up for this? FI demo.