Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Window Tint

Old 03-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ef9zc has disabled reputation
Default Window Tint

Done some searching and reading and just wanted to get some input from some forum members. Looking for a good tint shop with fair prices in the 757. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: Window Tint

Bay Custom on denbigh blvd in newport news

Some places like TNT use cheaper tint, but their workers still know what they're doing. I like suntek products personally.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

Thanks for the reply also if anyone has had any bad experiences and could tell me places to stay away from I'd appreciate it.

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
Bay Custom on denbigh blvd in newport news

Some places like TNT use cheaper tint, but their workers still know what they're doing. I like suntek products personally.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:47 PM
B.E.T.P.

hatchblack has disabled reputation

tnt sucks. east coast window tinting with eric. best place around. go there
Old 03-10-2013, 02:15 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Not even worth my time
Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Registered member

sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg

I've gotten 3 cars tinted at different places

Bay Custom, Newport News- Dropped off the car and picked it up within 2 hours. The tint came out flawless. I never noticed any imperfections during the time i had that car. I think it was around $140-150ish for a 2dr car. I've always heard good things about them.

Precision Glass, Yorktown- more of a glass shop, but a guy there does window tinting by appointment. Cool guy, he let me watch him apply the tint. He seemed to take his time and make sure it was right. Tint came out great with no bubbles or peeling. Took around an hour and a half, $140 for a 2dr.

TNT Tinting, Va Beach- I came here because of their "Tint now, pay later" program. It took about an hour and ten minutes. The guy up front seemed to be professional. Upon first glance, the tint looked great. I noticed a few bubbles on the rear window that never went away. After a couple weeks I noticed the front side window was starting to peel from the corner. $170 for a 4-door. They do however advertise a lifetime warranty, I haven't actually seen if they honor it yet.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by sleeperteg
I've gotten 3 cars tinted at different places

Bay Custom, Newport News- Dropped off the car and picked it up within 2 hours. The tint came out flawless. I never noticed any imperfections during the time i had that car. I think it was around $140-150ish for a 2dr car. I've always heard good things about them.

Precision Glass, Yorktown- more of a glass shop, but a guy there does window tinting by appointment. Cool guy, he let me watch him apply the tint. He seemed to take his time and make sure it was right. Tint came out great with no bubbles or peeling. Took around an hour and a half, $140 for a 2dr.

TNT Tinting, Va Beach- I came here because of their "Tint now, pay later" program. It took about an hour and ten minutes. The guy up front seemed to be professional. Upon first glance, the tint looked great. I noticed a few bubbles on the rear window that never went away. After a couple weeks I noticed the front side window was starting to peel from the corner. $170 for a 4-door. They do however advertise a lifetime warranty, I haven't actually seen if they honor it yet.
I had mine done at TNT and it bubbled about 7 or 8 years later. Still had the receipt, brought it back and it was redone
Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

^That's really good to hear. I've had mine from TNT for three or four years now without any issues but it's always a possibility.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:21 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Originally Posted by Priestiality
^That's really good to hear. I've had mine from TNT for three or four years now without any issues but it's always a possibility.
I think the key is to keep the receipt .

Most of the faggles on here won't and then bitch when the company wants them to prove it was their work
Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Registered Member

98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts98accord1 is infamous around these parts

Some places don't give you a reciept. If you get it beyond legal limit

Quick Reply: Window Tint