Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where is a good place to get paint/body work done?

Old 01-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo
Default Where is a good place to get paint/body work done?

Alright so I should be finishing up my build here in the next month or two and after I get it running and dyno'd I would like to get the car repainted so that I don't have to drive it around A.) multicolored from the new body parts or B.) Looking like shit because the previous parts that were on it look like shit since it was hit with eggs/milkshake or some shit.

I know everyone is going to say stock or modified and I would love to have them do my car, but I think they will be out of my budget. I was going to have someone who does paint on the side to the work, but I was thinking of trying to get a quicker turn around time. I am going to need the following:

- 2 small rust spots in my passangers side fender fixed
- Final prep work on the body kit (I will have it all bolted on or removed... shops choice... and I will have the major prep done myself, may just need a final prep)
- Respray of the entire car, same color (dont need engine bay, trunk, front hood, or door jams redone).

The car is a 1993 Toyota MR2. I would love to keep the cost under $1500, but I may be able to go a little more depending on the shop. If it is anything more then I will just suck it up and have it be down for a little longer and have a buddy do it on the side.

If anyone knows of anywhere, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:07 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Where is a good place to get paint/body work done?

I'd hate to hop on the Stock Or Modified bandwagon but I have to say, Joeys spray and Mikey's bodywork is whats up.

Plus, they are chill ass people and are straight up.

Paint is something I wouldn't go on a budget about. Because you'll regret it later on.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

Do it right the first time.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:19 AM
Registered member

Three5Zero has disabled reputation

+1 for SoM they worked on my Z last month and the did an awesome job. Only people that I would trust my car with.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered member

supraBoy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Three5Zero
+1 for SoM they worked on my Z last month and the did an awesome job. Only people that I would trust my car with.
yup yup, you can ask them i come there for work ALL the time and are the only ones i trust. Some crazy bitch hit my car so now im taking it there for work on monday.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

pm bmw-m , he does great work and is very professional...as well as really affordable.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered member

Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo

Originally Posted by Jarrod
I'd hate to hop on the Stock Or Modified bandwagon but I have to say, Joeys spray and Mikey's bodywork is whats up.

Plus, they are chill ass people and are straight up.

Paint is something I wouldn't go on a budget about. Because you'll regret it later on.
Yea man, I have heard and seen their work, and it is awesome, but I have heard some of their prices, one was from a buddy who was going to get his MR2 done... and honestly, I just can't afford that.

I have some friends that do awesome work too, and they will help me out for real cheap, but the problem is, they are friends and it would be just that "help" so it wouldn't be thier priority, just a backburner side job making the process take an extended period of time.

I will PM More Impatient, but I doubt I will be able to afford their quote. Thanks for the heads up though guys!!

I will also PM BMW-M and have him check this thread and see what he thinks for a quote. Keep the ideas coming if anyone else has any ideas!!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:36 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

give me a call at 7222199
Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Dragva nukkas

eurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud of

auto-elite by dyno inc does some good shit