Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

va inspection with sr swap

Old 03-02-2005, 03:27 PM
still alive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele
Default va inspection with sr swap

this will be the first time that im getting my car inspected in this area. my car has an sr swap with a cat and reasonable exhaust. what can i expect from the inspecters around here. if anyone knows of a shop that has helped them in the past shoot me a pm. thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
eats people

Kane has disabled reputation
Default Re: va inspection with sr swap

Cliffs on 17 is friendly and they are honest. Thats the only place i've ever gone.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

shouldnt matter what engine is in the car for inspection!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:44 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
shouldnt matter what engine is in the car for inspection!
inspection is for safety reasons, not necarily legal things
Old 03-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

TheBlackCrx has disabled reputation

Im a state inspector . As long as all ur lights work the horn works none of the wiper blades are torn (Power Steering Belt To be Exact) all the belts are good good tread on the tires and all the tie rods and balljoints are good and there are no cracks on the driver side of ur windshield or an star cracks that are about to spread and you have no holes in ur exhaust and ur brakes are good your fine. Oh and make sure there are no air bag lights on either.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:56 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

thanks for the responces guys. safety wise the car is in great shape, so i guess im good to go. my main concern was emission laws in the area concerning engine swaps, aftermarket exhaust, egr equiptment, that sort of stuff.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:19 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

just make sure you have a catalytic convertor and EGR.. ive never had someone check for EGR on any of my cars though. A cat is usually quite obvious, sound/smell.. but ive also never had someone do the sniffer test on my cars.. luck I guess.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:21 PM
fabricated reality

kawgomoo can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by gpeele
this will be the first time that im getting my car inspected in this area. my car has an sr swap with a cat and reasonable exhaust. what can i expect from the inspecters around here. if anyone knows of a shop that has helped them in the past shoot me a pm. thanks in advance.
hey man all your emission shit has to work to pass inspection. not that most inspectors will have any clue as to what they are looking at, at least make sure you have a cat.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:38 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

You don't have to have reverse do you?