Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

towing a covered vehicle

Old 06-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Hi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be
Default towing a covered vehicle

hi guys, I have a question about towing a vehicle that has a car cover. First, Ill explain my situation.
I received a notice on my truck stating that it would be towed in 72 hrs for not having a state inspection. To fix the issue, I put a car cover over it so they wouldn't see it. Ive been told that the tow truck operators cant lift or remove a car cover to inspect it. Now, is this true? Did they unlawfully tow my truck? Ive tried googling it but cant find what im looking for.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:52 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: towing a covered vehicle

How about you just get it inspected?
Old 06-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Seems like a pretty dumb plan....perhapse you should have used a camo car cover, then he would have never found it to begin with.

Seriously though, whoever told you that was pretty dim. The only thing you can do to prevent the truck from being towed, without moving it or fixing it is to enclose it behind a privacy fence so that it is in no way visible from any public road. The whole car cover thing is just bullshit.

Last edited by Hooch; 06-05-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:09 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

If its on the roadway it must be current with inspection and registration.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:31 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Is it an apartment complex or your yard?

My feeling (based on no legal knowledge) is that the cover isn't going to fly in an apartment complex.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:16 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Didn't fly when i was in the house in sandston either. Had to relocate the shell behind my garage until i made room for it inside. Even after i used a cover i still got a notice from the county.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Hi

Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be

I live in an apartment complex.
The truck is a work in progress so I never bothered with getting it inspected since I don't drive it much. I'm just going to store it at my fathers house for now. Thanks for the input everyone!
Old 06-06-2015, 12:59 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

My miata runs out pretty soon and it is sitting covered in my driveway with no engine in it. I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood) but the first faggot who thinks they're going to come take a peek is getting knocked the fuck out.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:05 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by Yardjass
My miata runs out pretty soon and it is sitting covered in my driveway with no engine in it. I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood) but the first faggot who thinks they're going to come take a peek is getting knocked the fuck out.
Driveway isn't as much of an eye sore than sitting in the roadway. And with the OP being in an apt complex, they see a broken down truck just taking up a spot in their complex and want it gone, I'm assuming.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:58 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Originally Posted by WutupYo
Driveway isn't as much of an eye sore than sitting in the roadway. And with the OP being in an apt complex, they see a broken down truck just taking up a spot in their complex and want it gone, I'm assuming.
Oh yeah, it's night and day. Totally understandable.