Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tattoo shop recomendations

Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Lurks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r
Default Tattoo shop recomendations

I searched for previous threads concerning 757 tat shops and the newest one was well over a year from being current. So with that being said , the wife and I are looking to get some new ink and Im looking for a good shop. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for a clean, professional and established artist/shop.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM

trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky trickyricky
Default Re: Tattoo shop recomendations

I'll be watching this thread, I also need a reputable shop around here, I have some unfinished tattoos that need TLC, good luck with your search!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie Oogie Boogie

Rock Steady Tattoo on Mercury Blvd, the guy that did my tatts is Davy Sheets, all the guys in there are talented though =]
Old 03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by tceptikon66
Rock Steady Tattoo on Mercury Blvd, the guy that did my tatts is Davy Sheets, all the guys in there are talented though =]
+1. I usually go to Slamm Dragon, but I'm gonna switch to Rock Steady.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

The guy I have used is now at Fusion Ink in Norfolk. His name is Carl Fuchs. I only have one picture of one of the ones he did for me.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by tceptikon66
Originally Posted by s2katin
stay the hell away from Slamm Dragon and Drawn on the Skin in hampton, i've had serious issues with both.

on that note, Rock Steady is a good shop with a bunch of great artist.... they even fixed(covered up/filled in) some of my old stuff for me
Old 03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Originally Posted by s2katin
There are ALOT of talented artists in this area.

SKETCH over at Slamm Dragon has done a few of mine, and im very pleased. two were coverups from previous shops fuck ups. I cant speak for any other artists at this shop other than SKETCH and MAKO (mako is no longer there).

Over in Portsmouth at Atlantic Tattoo my sister got a few things done, her husband got a very nice back piece done.

Just go by the shops and look at portfolios and the shops "atmosphere" before you make your descion. Also do yourself a favor and dont pick something off the wall.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurks

Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r

Originally Posted by Broke Neck
There are ALOT of talented artists in this area.

SKETCH over at Slamm Dragon has done a few of mine, and im very pleased. two were coverups from previous shops fuck ups. I cant speak for any other artists at this shop other than SKETCH and MAKO (mako is no longer there).

Over in Portsmouth at Atlantic Tattoo my sister got a few things done, her husband got a very nice back piece done.

Just go by the shops and look at portfolios and the shops "atmosphere" before you make your descion. Also do yourself a favor and dont pick something off the wall.

I already have something I want to get. I have always been a strong believer of not selecting something off the wall. Whatever the case , thanks for all the great suggestions everyone.
I will defiantly have to go by rocksteady and speak to the guys there. Keep the stories coming folks, so far so good.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Mike is suggesting you look at the portfolio from the artists that way you can see the work they have done not to get an idea for a piece of art
Old 03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Lurks

Originally Posted by _____
Mike is suggesting you look at the portfolio from the artists that way you can see the work they have done not to get an idea for a piece of art
Right right, misread. Ive checked out Davy's portfolio from RockSteady , and he has done alot work similar to what the wife and I are looking to get.

Whatever the case thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: Tattoo shop recomendations