Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

A question!

Old 10-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hr_racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A question!

if you make the payments, you put gas in it, you maintain it, and you pay for the insurrance... shouldn't you be able to drive YOUR car however YOU want? should other people talk shit about how you drive YOUR car? should other people tell you what not to do in YOUR car?

Last edited by hr_racer; 10-05-2003 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:30 PM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

nope i dont think so considering im 17 and do all that shit and most of the people have there parents pay for the shit
Old 10-05-2003, 05:31 PM
Banned

well I pay for mine!
Old 10-05-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

i think if you are doing something stupid that could cause danger to someone else then they have the right to tell you whatever they want, but as far as regular driving, no.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned

maybe so
Old 10-05-2003, 05:55 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

umm i pay for both my cars and if i go 130mph down 64, hit a guy on a bike, roll the car into a minivan and kill an entire family, i think i will still have to answer to somebody for it.

i dont care if you drive a fucking ferrari or a huffy, drive like you have some sense. your 4 digit tax contribution does not give you the right to drive like a moron.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:25 PM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A question!

Originally posted by hr_racer
if you make the payments, you put gas in it, you maintain it, and you pay for the insurrance... shouldn't you be able to drive YOUR car however YOU want? should other people talk shit about how you drive YOUR car? should other people tell you what not to do in YOUR car?
You've got to consider two main points:

1. Is your name the ONLY name on the loan? Or did your parents co-sign? Then no, you can't drive it however you want to because it's not just YOUR car; it's theirs as well.

2. Is the Insurance in YOUR name only? Or are you on your parents insurance? Again, if you're on their insurance you can't drive it how you want to because not only will YOUR insurance go up, but so will theirs. And even after you turn 18, move out and are no longer on their insurance they will still have a higher rate till it clears.

Just some stuff to think about.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:26 PM

And if you are talking about a wife or significant other instead of parents just change my last post to fit that as well.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Only Godlike

SuPa is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Is your name the ONLY name on the loan? Or did your parents co-sign? Then no, you can't drive it however you want to because it's not just YOUR car; it's theirs as well.
Uhm, I'm learning this in Finance class now, I could have swore the co-signer was only to pay if the payer didnt make the payment or passed away or somethin like that, the co-signer is the person that promises to pay if the original person doesnt.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by SuPa
Uhm, I'm learning this in Finance class now, I could have swore the co-signer was only to pay if the payer didnt make the payment or passed away or somethin like that, the co-signer is the person that promises to pay if the original person doesnt.
You're absolutley right.

The co-signer isn't touched till the primary defaults the loan.

HOWEVER......let's take it to the extreme:

If you are doing 110 and either wreck and get injured or arrested and you can't work to pay for the car, the co-signer gets a nice wake up call!

Just a for instance.

Quick Reply: A question!