Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

people that go to odu quick question

Old 01-05-2010, 07:26 PM
やくざに成りたい

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atmdc has disabled reputation
Default people that go to odu quick question

ok first of all I would call them but I kind of need to know before tomorrow morning.

Basically I need to know, before I can be classified an in-state student, do i have to have been a VA resident for 1year? Or only have lived in VA for one year?

to be a VA resident I saw u have to live here 6 months. So im wondering If I have to wait only 1 yr after I move to VA or 1yr and 6 months after i move to VA.

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:09 PM
FML.

brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost
Default Re: people that go to odu quick question

You're welcome

Originally Posted by ODU
..."Residence or physical presence in Virginia primarily to attend the University does not entitle a student to in-state tuition rates.

The student's primary purpose in moving to Virginia must have been to establish him- or herself as a resident of Virginia. Residence must have been continuous for 365 days preceding the first day of classes."...
Old 01-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Many/most universities also make you establish intent of residency by having to pay taxes, get car registered, drivers license, etc., as well as live in-state for a year or whatever. I had to petition (in Colorado) after that period to be accepted as a state resident, and it took me 2 semesters to get accepted.

Oh, you usually can't have any ties to your parents either, so if they can claim you as a dependent, no deal.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 AM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

ok thanks. Well after march I wont be a dependent any more so Im moving back to VA. North carolina schools arent for me. Thanks for the information