VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   Official Good Restaurants in the 757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/official-good-restaurants-757-a-232206/)

Black Nugget 04-05-2008 12:04 PM

Official Good Restaurants in the 757

Just like the recent "Official 757 Spotted Thread" due to a large request for an Official Good Restaurants in the 757 Thread I have decided to make a sticky for the community.

If there is a restaurant in the area that you would like to recommend, please make a post in here that includes the following :
  • Name
  • Small Write Up of your Experience
This thread will be heavily moderated with all additional posts being removed. If your post does not include these four things they will be removed.

smirnoFFz 04-05-2008 12:07 PM

Re: Official Good Restaurants in the 757

* Name - Aldo's Ristorante
* Location - Just off Exit 20 Laskin Rd Virginia Beach
* Number - http://www.aldosvb.com/ (757)491-1111
* Small Write Up of your Experience

I went to Aldo's last night and it was amazing. Got reservations in a week earlier with a friend of mine to bring our g/f's out for a night. The waiter definitely knew the entire menu (and it's no small menu) and kept up with what we needed the entire night. The menu has something for everyone, the food is amazing, the desert makes you want to cream yourself and they have a full bar :) It's a bit pricey but in the end I felt it was definitely worth while and ended up giving a $20 tip (definitely not like me, I usually don't tip much because the service is shitty).

litlespic 04-05-2008 06:55 PM

Name - Angry Chef
Location - Greenbrier next to the starbucks in the Crossways Shopping Center
Number - 1-757-963-7534

A great hole in the whole budget'd place. Everything from snacks to steaks with some excellent sides. Not a place to take a girl out on the weekends unless you prefer a place that never has a wait, but a great place for a lunch or a weekday get out of the house dinner. Average plate is 7-9 dollars. I recomend trying the BBQ Sandwich or the Ranch Chicken Wrap.

Dont get your hopes up, its not high class, but its great/large quanity food plates.

brokenboost 04-05-2008 10:01 PM

*Name- Cheddar's Casual Cafe
*Location- 12280 Jefferson Ave Newport News, next to Patrick Henry Mall
*Number 757-249-4000

I have been many times and the food is always outstanding. Kind of like Ruby Tuesday's as far as the menu but they have a lot more choices. The service is great too. I had one little incident but it was just some miscommunication on the part of an employee who was not my server. Not enough for me to hesitate to eat there again. The atomsphere is very nice and date friendly (outside of the bar) and they have a deck also. I suggest calling ahead because they can get pretty packed.

Lord Humongous 04-06-2008 12:25 AM

Name: Bardo
Number: Look it up...I'm in Iraq without a phone book
Small Write Up of your Experience:
Excellent: Food has been outstanding each time I've been in there. Since it's a tapas bar you get small portions but I've always spent about $60-70 there and that's without a large drink tab.

Plus El Negro worked there so you got comedy behind the counter as well

Lord Humongous 04-06-2008 12:30 AM

Name: Bier Garden
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Number:(757) 393-6022
http://www.biergarden.com/
Small Write Up of your Experience:
350 different beers. Food is excellent too. Authentic German food in very large portions.

Make sure to try and sit out on the porch. Service has always been spotty and if you call for a reservation you may actually get a table with 30 min of your appointed time if you're luck

elements757 04-06-2008 05:39 AM

Town Point Club
101 W. Main Street Suite300
Norfolk, VA 23510

I've gone a couple of times with family. Good food, and a good experience. But it's expensive and I think you have to wear a tie. Just a little note, when I went they didn't have prices on the menu, so its good for taking "clients" and such.

1998Silverbird 04-06-2008 05:57 AM

Reginella's Italian Resurante
4000 Virginia Beach Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
(757) 498-9770‎

Best Italian food in the area for the price. Nice size portions with just about every Italian dish from Naples Italy. They serve Real Italian Pizza, NY style Pizza, and stuffed Pizza. The food has been top notch every time we go. They have become really popular the last year and it is really hard to get a table of Friday and Saturday nights..

smirnoFFz 04-07-2008 10:09 AM

* Name - K&T's Cafe (IT IS NOW THE BLUE HERON RESTAURANT)
* Location - First Hillcrest exit on the way to carolina (interstate 168) and as you come off the ramp it's to the right next to the karate place.
* Number - unknown right now, but i'll go take a look
* Small Write Up of your Experience - Very small bar but the people that work there are awesome, was there last night with my dad and we had a blast, guys got some damn good recipes too.. definitely worth checking it out.

p-stone 04-07-2008 12:05 PM

The Grill
388 Battlefield Blvd S
Chesapeake, VA 23322
(757) 482-5362‎

Amazing breakfast and lunch cooked in a very small restaurant with only a handful of tables and a bar (no alcohol, just for food). Very local enviroment with customers and staff all shooting the breeze together. Only open from 6am-2pm, 6 days a week (closed on Wed. and most major holidays), it is worth the stop if you are in the area. They have an awesome burger and Philly cheesesteak. Ann, part owner with her husband Gary, still makes homemade desserts such as cakes and pies which is outstanding as well. $10 will feed you well, but you could make it by with a few bucks less.

Would like to point out that they don't serve fries, but have bags of chips. You can opt for home cooked sides instead though.