VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   NNSY INSULATORS (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/nnsy-insulators-489102/)

bluegreen 03-28-2015 06:58 AM

NNSY INSULATORS

Can anyone tell me what it's like being an insulator apprentice? Is it the worst trade to be in?

BAN HAMMER 03-29-2015 11:41 AM

Re: NNSY INSULATORS

Yes. It's horrible. Move to Oklahoma

JacKal 03-29-2015 01:59 PM

What he^ said. Worst place ever. No lube Anal sex with Shane diesel would be more fun

Gen_Crunchytoes 03-29-2015 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by JacKal (Post 8348942)
What he^ said. Worst place ever. No lube Anal sex with Shane diesel would be more fun

ive not heard that name since i saw "my daughter is fucking blackzilla"

NNSY is only good for their welding school.

and since when is there an apprenticeship for insulating? you can learn everything you need to in like a week

JacKal 03-29-2015 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes (Post 8348950)
ive not heard that name since i saw "my daughter is fucking blackzilla"

NNSY is only good for their welding school.

and since when is there an apprenticeship for insulating? you can learn everything you need to in like a week

You realize the kind of genius you're probably talking to? I'm amazed he was able to get out a coherent thought.

Gen_Crunchytoes 03-29-2015 02:55 PM

you could be right.

im just dumbfounded at there being an apprenticeship for insulating. NNSY apprenticeships are 4 years. HOW DOES IT TAKE 4 YEARS TO TEACH SOMEONE TO INSULATE??!!

JacKal 03-29-2015 03:30 PM

Bro I work with guys who have been in the same career field for 10 fucking years and still don't know what the fuck is going on...

Yardjass 03-29-2015 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by JacKal (Post 8348952)
You realize the kind of genius you're probably talking to? I'm amazed he was able to get out a coherent thought.

This. Find a true fucking dumbass in that place. I mean scraping the bottom of the barrel. Chances are they're either a painter or an insulator.

JacKal 03-29-2015 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Yardjass (Post 8348957)
This. Find a true fucking dumbass in that place. I mean scraping the bottom of the barrel. Chances are they're either a painter or an insulator.

Clearly you've never met a rigger. Those are some retarded fucks. Our faculties maintenance guys are hands down more intelligent.

And then you have pipe fitters...
Fuck it if they work in the shipyard 93% chance of being a moron

JacKal 03-29-2015 04:33 PM

Looked it up on Google, Norfolk naval has a program for insulators NNSY appears to also but the number of links to be clicked exceeded my give a shit level. I'm now baffled with Mike, not sure how the fuck it takes 4 years to learn to wrap pipes and beams with fiberglass and tape... I kinda feel like it's probably one of those programs where they basically bone you for 4 years with shit wages then give you a decent job where you fuck off all day and make good money. That's pretty much how NNSY works anyway :dunno: one of my associates is an insulator all the discussions we've had about his job involved sleeping or severe hangovers.