Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New guy incoming from Okinawa

Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Beefcastle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kabylewolf has disabled reputation
Default New guy incoming from Okinawa

Hows it going? I'm currently active duty Chair Force and just got orders to Langley Virginia and wanted to get my feet wet and get a feel for the place (I like to plan ahead). I was recommended to come here from someone from another one of my forums.

Anyway, I'm 21. Originally from Algeria but immigrated to Southern California a few years back. And here is my car history list.

My first Miata, pretty much paid 300 dollars for it. And treated it like a 300 dollar car, took that car through hell and back and would just wail on it whenever I got a chance. Finally died out on my on my birthday.

Here is my last FD I bought while I was out here. Absolutely love this car, didn't love the headaches of the rotary and spending 200 bucks a week on gas.
Name:  hPGaxqV.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  507.6 KB

Here's my current daily. GC8 WRX. No major plans for this car, I leave in a couple months so I wasn't really motivated. It's a fun car, but the abundance of understeer is really a killjoy for me. And I know the wheels are puke-tastic.. but ehh......

And here is my pride and joy, and contemplating bringing this out to VA when I PSC out there.
stroked and bored to 3.3L NA (turbo has been in the works, along with a few other RSR goodies) bilstien suspension on all corners, thrown in with a 964 trans and this car has been fantastic to me.
Name:  M4TOrvU.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  45.0 KB

Anyway, thanks a bunch dudes. I'll look forward to reading your advice on the local area.

Last edited by Kabylewolf; 07-26-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon
Default Re: New guy incoming from Okinawa

Welcome. Not a bad car list. I'm headed to Schwab pretty soon.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Welcome to the forums seems like you'll fit right in.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Beefcastle

Marine? Ehh, buckle up then bud. Hopefully the curfew and offbase restrictions get lifted by the time you get here.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention. I'll be hunting for another miata when I get out there. Would like to do as many HPDE/track events whenever I can fit it in along with school and work. Would love to do Road Atlanta as well, and drive down to Florida to hit up a couple east coast tracks. Arguably, they are supposedly better than the west coast ones. :P
Old 04-27-2013, 06:51 PM
141.12 kHz

Originally Posted by Kabylewolf
Marine? Ehh, buckle up then bud. Hopefully the curfew and offbase restrictions get lifted by the time you get here.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention. I'll be hunting for another miata when I get out there. Would like to do as many HPDE/track events whenever I can fit it in along with school and work. Would love to do Road Atlanta as well, and drive down to Florida to hit up a couple east coast tracks. Arguably, they are supposedly better than the west coast ones. :P
Corpsman actually. We'll only be there for a little bit. I heard the liberty restrictions were shitty.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Beefcastle

They are now. If you're below E6, you're SOL. Gotta be back on base by 2400. No drinking off base, unless you live off base (in that case it's only in your own domicile). And you need a battle buddy/wingman/accountabilly-buddy/whatever when you're out at about after 1900.

Didn't really bother me since I'm mostly invested in finishing up my Bachelors. But for others that like to roam around at night or drink frequently, it'll get to you. But this island rules and theres shitloads to do otherwise. When do you plan on getting out here?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 PM
141.12 kHz

Sometime in the next month or so. It changes.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Beefcastle

Well, feel free to hit me up when you get out here. You'll hit Typhoon season right on the nose.

But it'll still have some amazing weather. Be prepared to spend a decent chunk on amazing foods, go outdoorsing, and if its your thing, hit up a soapy or two.

Most narrow minded MURRICUHNS hate this place because there aren't enough McDonalds in close proximity to base so the dependopotomi's rascals run out of juice, and they have to settle for Chilis.

But seriously, get stoked, this place is baller.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

welcome. nice collection of cars you have there

keep a thick skin and take what people say with a grain of salt and youll do fine here
Old 04-27-2013, 07:23 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I cream my pants over 930 and 964 bodies.

Quick Reply: New guy incoming from Okinawa