Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

new dude, from PA

Old 07-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dannytruulove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new dude, from PA

whats up everyone? Im moving to hampton from the pittsburgh,pa area next week. how bad is the car scene? it honestly sucks here. ill be looking for work, come from a technical manufacturing (QC) and automotive background.

moving to be with my pap who isnt doing the best health wise, not some piece of crap just showing up with out a job lined up.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:09 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: new dude, from PA

Originally Posted by dannytruulove
whats up everyone? Im moving to hampton from the pittsburgh,pa area next week. how bad is the car scene? it honestly sucks here. ill be looking for work, come from a technical manufacturing (QC) and automotive background.

moving to be with my pap who isnt doing the best health wise, not some piece of crap just showing up with out a job lined up.

Welcome
Old 07-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Sorry I could have worded that better. Some people give newbs hell for moving to another state for warmer climate and no job lined up. I am moving for family reasons with a good resume, able and ready for work. Seems most places won't give my resume a look until I get there.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:31 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

It does help to be available for face to face interviews.

The car scene mainly sucks around here but anything sumospeed does is usually pretty good and there are a lot of race tracks and autocross events within a several hour radius. It is what you make of it and there is a lot of potential for some really good experiences, which frankly, most of the clowns around here don't take advantage of.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:46 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

What kind of auto experience. ?
Old 07-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Ive been doing as much Google searching as I can find, I really like being close to the tracks. The few tracks close in where I'm coming from are OK nothing special. Pittsburgh international race complex is actually like 1.5 hours from pgh and I've never got to go to. All the other ones are EXTREMELY redneck.

I am definitely looking forward to not buying winter tires and new rust every winter.

Auto experience, I worked at a speed shop called B&R speed supply as a mechanic. It is also a machine shop where I apprenticed as a machinist. I am currently working in a machine shop doing QC for a company that makes missiles and "crap" for Lockheed-martin, which unfortunately i will not be able for military clearance when I move.

Automotive wise I can honestly do it all and my knowledge of vehicle's is very broad not specific to one category. My least experience is in body work and upholstery.

Recent car I have been working on is a 98 Lexus gs300. I rebuilt the 2jzge ready for boost, refreshed the suspension, coilovers. 0 miles on rebuild my drive down will be the break in.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

I also dyno or street tuned all of my and friends cars. I've used various kinds of Ems. It's pretty much all the same some just have more features.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:37 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

There are a ton of shops in the area that you can apply to
Old 08-05-2016, 01:09 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Moving to Hampton with no job lined up? Hope you like $10/hr. You say you have manufacturing QC background, try for something with Liebherr or Craft bearing
Old 08-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the input, I hope that isn't the case. I haven't made that little in almost 10 years.

Quick Reply: new dude, from PA