VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   Need reputable HVAC repair for my house... AC busted. (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/need-reputable-hvac-repair-my-house-ac-busted-141581/)

Cobra4B 05-30-2006 12:42 PM

Need reputable HVAC repair for my house... AC busted.

Came home from my trip to Kentucky to find that the AC wasn't working. Housemate said it had cut off during the week but didn't want to bother me with it. The fan motor on the outside unit is burnt up and hums loudly... I believe this is the only problem... everything else seems to work.

I want someone who will come out and accurately diagnose the problem and fix what is needed... no upselling, no BS, no you need a new muffler bearing and blinker fluid on this baby.

Anyone?

Nigerian Hair 05-30-2006 01:45 PM

Re: Need reputable HVAC repair for my house... AC busted.

I actually know someone who might be able to do it...let me see if i cant get in contact with them.

HORNY4ZORNY 05-30-2006 01:49 PM

sounds like the fan motor went bad and it went off on high head pressure. easy fix but the parts are expensive, labor shouldnt be too bad since all he has to do is pump down the system, cut some copper lines, put the new outside unit in place, sweat in the new copper lines, wire up the control wires, and fill it with refridgerant.

damn i hope by now you know what i do as side work. haha

Broke Neck 05-30-2006 03:25 PM

Not sure if he does side work or what not ... but shoot Jon a PM

Way2Slo

I know he has been doing HVAC all his life basically, so im sure hes good at what he does.

Cobra4B 05-30-2006 07:10 PM

^ Thanks mike.. I PMed him allready... no reply yet.

Dipsht... if it's just the fan on top why would the system have to be messed with. The fan is dry and it just draws air into the unit from the top... not sure why anything would have to be pumped down etc... I guess that's why I need an estimate. You give free estimates?

Way2Slo 05-30-2006 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by DIPSHT
sounds like the fan motor went bad and it went off on high head pressure. easy fix but the parts are expensive, labor shouldnt be too bad since all he has to do is pump down the system, cut some copper lines, put the new outside unit in place, sweat in the new copper lines, wire up the control wires, and fill it with refridgerant.

damn i hope by now you know what i do as side work. haha

Why would you have to pump it down to change a Fan Motor? Sounds to me like your in the selling business :D :D

PM sent Im leaving for GA at 3:30 am Thanks Mike for referring me... Been in business for over 25 years...

C MY 4D 05-30-2006 07:38 PM

ya you can just buy the fan

Way2Slo 05-30-2006 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by C MY 4D
ya you can just buy the fan

MOTOR

C MY 4D 05-30-2006 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Way2Slo
MOTOR

you don't say?

C45P312 05-31-2006 04:38 AM

Umm ... this is awesome, because our AC just busted this weekend as well. Parents are looking for someone to do HVAC work. Maybe cut Brian and me a deal of some sort if he hasn't got his fixed yet.