Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

My job is hiring...

Old 03-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Logic is my religion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld
Default Re: My job is hiring...

I have a CDL class b with p, and s endorsements. I have been driving a school bus for something to do during the day, but would love to get to drive where the cargo doesn't make noise and smell like Dorritos.

Last edited by R. Danneskjöld; 03-29-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ
internet only. Suffolk on Harbour View. Right before the monitor/merrimac... only about 40 mins from the oceanfront
Yea... but when I was working for PFG.. I was having to be at the drop yard around 3 - 3:30 am.... and I was 15 min away. If it is the same time frames... talking about leaving my house around 2 am just to get to work... which would suck. As far as the routes... last guy in get the worst route? Like a beach front route with like 40 stops... and 15 pieces at each stop? I can move pretty quick when it comes to unloading... and I know how to break down a pallet for easy delivery.

I used to pick up a 900 piece trailor around 3 - 4 and be done at 11 or 12. Same kinda time frames? I figure since your the lead driver... you would know the routes right?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:22 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by R Danneskjöld
I have a CDL class b with p, and s endorsements. I have been driving a school bus for something to do during the day, but would love to get to drive where the cargo doesn't make noise and smell like Dorritos.
If it is anything like my previous experience. You would need a class A license as you would be driving combination vehicles
Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Nudes or GTFO

aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe

Can you pm with what they start at? I have my class a and currently drive a beer truck. If they start out more than what I make now I am going to be applying.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:12 AM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally Posted by R Danneskjöld
No you need a class a

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
Yea... but when I was working for PFG.. I was having to be at the drop yard around 3 - 3:30 am.... and I was 15 min away. If it is the same time frames... talking about leaving my house around 2 am just to get to work... which would suck. As far as the routes... last guy in get the worst route? Like a beach front route with like 40 stops... and 15 pieces at each stop? I can move pretty quick when it comes to unloading... and I know how to break down a pallet for easy delivery.

I used to pick up a 900 piece trailor around 3 - 4 and be done at 11 or 12. Same kinda time frames? I figure since your the lead driver... you would know the routes right?
pretty much the same hours. Routes are seniority based but if you can get cases off the truck better than the next guy your gonna get the bigger (read higher paying) route

Originally Posted by aznlyfe
Can you pm with what they start at? I have my class a and currently drive a beer truck. If they start out more than what I make now I am going to be applying.
minimum base pay is 800 for 4 days and 1000 for 5 days....And the amount of days you work is based off of business. You won't work less than 4 days. this doesn't include our quarterly incentives either.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:27 AM
Nudes or GTFO

aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe

Ok sounds good. Thats about the same as what I bring in now. I put it my application for the driver position but didnt use you for a reference (didnt know if you would want that). But thanks for the heads-up on this.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally Posted by aznlyfe
Ok sounds good. Thats about the same as what I bring in now. I put it my application for the driver position but didnt use you for a reference (didnt know if you would want that). But thanks for the heads-up on this.
thats cool if you get a call you can use me then. Bobby Pennington
Old 03-30-2011, 04:03 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

So... it is pretty much a day rate? Not a piece, stop, and milage count? Looks like a $200 day rate. Or is it a base day rate plus piece counts? I used to get $140 for sticking my key in the ignition and then have like .15 cents a piece over 600 pieces, .50 cents a mile over 250 miles and 2 dollars a stop over 15 stops. Something simular?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
So... it is pretty much a day rate? Not a piece, stop, and milage count? Looks like a $200 day rate. Or is it a base day rate plus piece counts? I used to get $140 for sticking my key in the ignition and then have like .15 cents a piece over 600 pieces, .50 cents a mile over 250 miles and 2 dollars a stop over 15 stops. Something simular?

Kinda sorta. You get a $27 service pay. $2.50 per stop Don't quote me on the rest but you start at .16 per case and .18 per mile and that goes up with time....If what you take out for your 4 or 5 day week doesn't exceed the minimum you get the 800 or 1000
Old 04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Nudes or GTFO

Got a call back today. Thanks for the heads-up on this.

Quick Reply: My job is hiring...