VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   My job is hiring... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/my-job-hiring-389860/)

Jarrod 03-29-2011 04:18 PM

Re: My job is hiring...

Originally Posted by SortaFlush (Post 6997565)
I wish my driving record wasn't so chopped and screwed. I remember when you spotted me in the S2000, scared the shit out of me with that horn hahaha.

+ rep'd for using chopped and screwed in a sentence.

Originally Posted by Audio (Post 6998409)
This is kinda tempting for a night job.... hmm

I wasn't even going to click it but now that you said night job.. hollar!

FairladyZTT 03-29-2011 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ (Post 6995753)
Sysco Hampton Roads...Let me know if you have any questions.

Or just go to www.syscohamptonroads.com

what do you do there my friend? I used to work for Performance Food Group (PFG) as a delivery driver. I already have my class A and just applied for my twic. Have done this work before.

terrible advice 03-29-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Audio (Post 6998409)
This is kinda tempting for a night job.... hmm

its full-time though....

ZweetdreamZ 03-29-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT (Post 6998494)
what do you do there my friend? I used to work for Performance Food Group (PFG) as a delivery driver. I already have my class A and just applied for my twic. Have done this work before.

Im a driver "team leader" basically a supervisor. We are looking for experienced people like you. I promise you will make alot more than you ever did at pfg.

The warehouse positions are night jobs...It's tough work but you can make alot of money.

Jarrod 03-29-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ (Post 6998521)
The warehouse positions are night jobs...It's tough work but you can make alot of money.

I work at a shipyard, carry 100# bags up and down ladders.. I'll be fine.

Only question is.. they want a address and a POC for me. I gotta see if it's cool if I give my supervisors personal number. Haha.

Also, I'd only be able to do it 'part time' as I work full time there and I go to school some nights. but other than that, I have no life and need to get some paper!!!! (jk but fer serious)
Lemme know if I'm wasting my time applying for a couple nights a week(weekends are fine).

ZweetdreamZ 03-29-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 6998537)
I work at a shipyard, carry 100# bags up and down ladders.. I'll be fine.

Only question is.. they want a address and a POC for me. I gotta see if it's cool if I give my supervisors personal number. Haha.

Also, I'd only be able to do it 'part time' as I work full time there and I go to school some nights. but other than that, I have no life and need to get some paper!!!! (jk but fer serious)
Lemme know if I'm wasting my time applying for a couple nights a week(weekends are fine).

Honestly you probably are. We normally get about 50-75 well qualified applicants that can work full time. I'd probably wait until you could be a full time employee.

Jarrod 03-29-2011 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ (Post 6998548)
Honestly you probably are. We normally get about 50-75 well qualified applicants that can work full time. I'd probably wait until you could be a full time employee.

That'll never happen as my benefits are too great working for the government and I have to honestly think of my daughter first when it comes to decisions like this. I'm almost done with the application now, I'll go head and finish it anyways.

Thanks for your honesty though.

ZweetdreamZ 03-29-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 6998599)
That'll never happen as my benefits are too great working for the government and I have to honestly think of my daughter first when it comes to decisions like this. I'm almost done with the application now, I'll go head and finish it anyways.

Thanks for your honesty though.

I def get where your coming from...just wanted you to know how it is.

FairladyZTT 03-29-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ (Post 6998521)
Im a driver "team leader" basically a supervisor. We are looking for experienced people like you. I promise you will make alot more than you ever did at pfg.

They are only in Suffolk? That kinda blows cause I am in Virginia Beach... but I am still interested. Better to apply in person or internet? Can you even apply in person.

ZweetdreamZ 03-29-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT (Post 6998744)
They are only in Suffolk? That kinda blows cause I am in Virginia Beach... but I am still interested. Better to apply in person or internet? Can you even apply in person.

internet only. Suffolk on Harbour View. Right before the monitor/merrimac... only about 40 mins from the oceanfront