Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for a shop that would be able to tune my vehicle...

Old 12-12-2015, 06:55 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx
Default Looking for a shop that would be able to tune my vehicle...

Hey all, new here. As the title states I'm looking for a dyno tuner that would have a wide array of tuning software. -deep breath- Get ready to laugh. It's a 2009 Buick Lacrosse with a 3800 Series III engine. I've owned nothing but old folks cars so when I saw the deal on this 3 years back I jumped all over it.

Back in Feb I took some money from my tax return and picked up some split ratio rocker arms and an aftermarket intake insert. Popped those in and was happy with the gains vs what ZZPerformance claimed I would gain and picked up a CAI back in Oct.

I'm planning on grabbing some higher flow exhaust manifolds, larger downpipe and resonator at a later date but I wanted to get a tune specifically for the intake and rocker arms.

I've looked all over online for software and people that can tune for this particular car but only found 1 place that does mail order tunes. Given I ended up having to switch to premium to eliminate KR I'd rather have it on the Dyno so they can keep an eye on KR while adjusting everything else.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx PriestsofSyrinx
Default Re: Looking for a shop that would be able to tune my vehicle...

Or if anyone knows of performance shops who have experience tuning 3800/wbody platforms that would be a good place to start.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:18 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

So have you told your parents you're gay yet orrrrr???
Old 12-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

They're oblivous to the fact but the neighbors caught on when they saw you struggling to climb out of the bedroom window with a jizz stained gimp mask covering your ugly mug.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:12 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

Maybe Virginia Speed?
Old 12-14-2015, 04:04 AM
Registered Member

Thanks, just shot em an email. They're using HP Tuners as well which doesn't look very promising. GM did something with the 06 and newer PCMs which makes tuning a nightmare and screws up readings from sensors and gauges.