VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   Looking for a place to have a Birthday Party (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/looking-place-have-birthday-party-253539/)

EKcivic23 09-07-2008 09:36 AM

Looking for a place to have a Birthday Party

Can anyone suggest a nice place to have a birthday party? I'm going to be celebrating my 26th birthday in November and I want to start looking and making reservations now. It would have to be large enough for a size of about 25+ people. I prefer places that you've been to or experienced personally. Maybe something kinda upscale/trendy or casual/chill with good music (hiphop/top 40s/old school).

So far I've got 3 places in mind but thats only because I just started looking today. I've got Avanti, Catch 31/Skybar(i got access), and Kokoamos. FYI: I had my birthday party last year at Sevens.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

zexpwrd4door 09-07-2008 09:39 AM

Re: Looking for a place to have a Birthday Party

Hilton Garden Inn at Town Center

blah 09-07-2008 09:40 AM

Only 20 people?

Pick a bar.

EKcivic23 09-07-2008 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by blah (Post 4477622)
Only 20 people?

Pick a bar.

Well I kinda want it to be more exclusive, like I was even thinking about getting some space at Granby Theater but I just don't like the music they play. And nobody here does bottle service (that i know of). The number of people is just a rough estimate right now. I still have 2 months of inviting. Oh and everybody on Vadriven.com is invited too. :D

EKcivic23 09-07-2008 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by zexpwrd4door (Post 4477620)
Hilton Garden Inn at Town Center

Haha...very funny. I wish, I would shut that place down!

Tonka Toy 09-07-2008 10:01 AM

I threw my girl's 30th bday party in the VIP room at Baxter's. There is a separate bar and bathrooms and they will cater the food. It was very chill and laid back. We had about 30 people up there and there was plenty of room.

EKcivic23 09-07-2008 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tonka Toy (Post 4477702)
I threw my girl's 30th bday party in the VIP room at Baxter's. There is a separate bar and bathrooms and they will cater the food. It was very chill and laid back. We had about 30 people up there and there was plenty of room.

That sounds cool. I'll add them to my list and give them a call tomorrow. Thanks man, thats exactly what I'm talking about. About how much did it cost?

Tonka Toy 09-07-2008 10:50 AM

There was no fee to rent the place but you had to pay for the food and have a certain amount of drinks paid for. That is something you will work out with Baxter before hand. I dealt with the older Baxter and he was an extremely nice guy and very helpful. This was the first time I had ever planned a party like this and they made it easy. The money that everyone at the party spends on drinks goes towards the preset amount that you agree on.

SubieChik 09-07-2008 02:17 PM

I didn't know people threw themselves birthday parties :dunno:

zappas 09-07-2008 02:19 PM

chucki cheese. exclusive as shit man. the owner even sings.