Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Local enforcement of fireworks laws...

Old 07-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr
Default Local enforcement of fireworks laws...

I've never heard of anyone getting busted on the 4th of July for Fireworks in this area, and know there are far too many people with backyard displays for any effective control... but didn't know if this was something that was randomly enforced if a cop happened to be driving by.

If, hypothetically, I want to light off something more substantial than a sparkler, should I be discrete about it, or will the cops just wave and wish me a happy 4th?
Old 07-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Local enforcement of fireworks laws...

I would be discrete about it.

It's kind of like driving down I95... Just because everyone is doing 90MPH, doesn't make it legal.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned

confused21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

as long as it doesnt go above tree top level or you light 20 or more m80's youll be fine. At least thats what they told us at my work.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:25 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

its VERY hard to actually get a case against some one using fireworks, ive been told by numerous cops, that they have to catch you physically lighting the firework, not before, and not after, but during
Old 07-04-2008, 08:31 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

common sense, Use it. Not being an ass what I mean is don't go buy a big extravagant(sp?) display and go nuts with it expecting a possible passing by cop to be cool with it. Everyone knows it's gonna happen and it's all in good fun, as long as you don't go overboard.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Another thing to consider is that cops are people too, and I'd be willing to bet that although their job dictates they enforce the laws, that they can turn their heads because they probably like fireworks too.

This of course means nothing when you run across that one cop that has no soul or hasn't been laid in a while.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Another thing to consider is that cops are people too, and I'd be willing to bet that although their job dictates they enforce the laws, that they can turn their heads because they probably like fireworks too.

This of course means nothing when you run across that one cop that has no soul or hasn't been laid in a while.

LOL
Old 07-04-2008, 09:55 AM
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Hahahaha cops "not care".... yeah right...
Old 07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

Originally Posted by Kris.is.awesome
LOL
serious.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

I talked with a few cops yesterday about fireworks and they told me that as long as you don't get stupid with them and as long as you don't run if you're caught, you should be fine. But then again, it all depends on the mood that they're in, but like everybody else has said, common sense.

Quick Reply: Local enforcement of fireworks laws...