Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

if i wanted to get into auto body work, what would i do?

Old 02-16-2007, 09:17 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default if i wanted to get into auto body work, what would i do?

my brother is currently seeking employment. he is seriously interested in getting his foot in the door of auto body, but obviously there's nothing listed in the pilot classifieds right now for someone with no experience. just wondering if anyone on here could help me point him in the right direction, or maybe even know of somewhere that could take on an apprentice right now.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Re: if i wanted to get into auto body work, what would i do?

Put in applications at all the body shops.

Sounds basic, but just showing up will go a long way.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

try dream works.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:14 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Scarlet Letter
Put in applications at all the body shops.

Sounds basic, but just showing up will go a long way.
got him started on this today. so far he's only hit up beach ford, but i told him the same thing.

Originally Posted by 02_Blazin
try dream works.
doesn't someone who posts regularly on this board work there? i was thinking the same thing, but it would be way easy if i could talk to someone here...
Old 02-16-2007, 12:49 PM
wizzane

12sec442 has disabled reputation

your best bet is going to school, this summer im starting tech school for body repair and refinishing, and automotive technology. after that i have a job lined up from my fathers friends making 60K a year starting.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by blackout
got him started on this today. so far he's only hit up beach ford, but i told him the same thing.

doesn't someone who posts regularly on this board work there? i was thinking the same thing, but it would be way easy if i could talk to someone here...
that would be the owner jeff.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:35 PM
master debater

Originally Posted by 12sec442
your best bet is going to school, this summer im starting tech school for body repair and refinishing, and automotive technology. after that i have a job lined up from my fathers friends making 60K a year starting.
there's always that, but he's got to keep his bills paid therefore needs a solid source of income (i.e. full time job), so i figured an apprenticeship would be his best bet at this point. he might not learn as much as fast, or have the degree/certification when he's done, but at least he'll get his foot in the door and make ends meet at the same time. if he can't get on with a place then he might just do that. what tech school are you going to, and what's the tuition?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:09 PM
wizzane

12sec442 has disabled reputation

its called wyotech in PA, im not sure on the price, i have another meeting with someone this week coming up about all that, ill let you know
Old 02-17-2007, 04:42 AM
master debater

its called wyotech in PA, im not sure on the price, i have another meeting with someone this week coming up about all that, ill let you know
i appreciate it, you never know, he may be joining you in that class.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

That seems like a lot of money for someone just starting out. Good luck to you.

Quick Reply: if i wanted to get into auto body work, what would i do?