VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   how hard is it to do body work (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/how-hard-do-body-work-282300/)

work.n.progress 03-18-2009 03:28 PM

how hard is it to do body work

i have the bondo and everything for the work. just trying to find out how hard this is goign to be to turn out decent

Priestiality 03-18-2009 03:32 PM

Re: how hard is it to do body work

lol great question.

All it does it take time. You may have to redo it but body-work is directly proportional to the amount of time you spend getting it right. The only way to decrease that time is experience.

How bad is it?

Victum 03-18-2009 03:35 PM

its not hard, just takes a while... gotta have patients.

Gaius Caligula 03-18-2009 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Victum (Post 5097547)
its not hard, just takes a while... gotta have patients.

Like a Doctor or Nurse or something. After that, the body work should be easy.

Hondas_Only 03-18-2009 03:39 PM

it takes a lot of patience and a good hand for it. youtube it you'll be thankful for video examples.

Al_P 03-18-2009 03:53 PM

I think this question is too broad, same as asking how hard it is too work on cars...

Patience is one thing, but without actual knowledge you're not getting anywhere, there are wrong and right ways to do everything. Experience is obviously a plus but it should be "good" experience. There are backyard mechanics that have been fixing stuff for years who still cant get simplest things done right. For instance take jiffy lube people. They change oil day in and day out, and yet still manage to over tighten and strip two out of three drain bolts:rolleyes:

Anyway i 've wasted enough of your time, all i got to say learn the right way to do it the first time. Read Read Read then practice practice practice

Integra2Be 03-18-2009 04:37 PM

Where are you located??
I could possible come out and help or teach you??
Pm me! Lmk!

elements757 03-18-2009 05:37 PM

Bondo sucks, use Evercoat Rage Gold, I mean unless you don't really care too much about the quality.

Depending on what you want, if you want a legit job best shot is taking it to someone with all the correct tools.

bmw-m 03-18-2009 05:44 PM

just remember..

-its easier to wipe on, then it is to sand off... dont over fill the space, use what feels to be enough, sand and then check... re-apply as needed..

-make sure if its a hole u make a "valley" to fill so that it sticks and wont pop off..

pm me ur location, if ur close maybe i can come give u some pointers on tools to use, etc.

good luck

HEISENBERG 03-19-2009 01:36 PM

Hard