VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   Honda Prelude H22 swap helpp (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/honda-prelude-h22-swap-helpp-269964/)

my4thgenlude 12-30-2008 07:52 AM

Honda Prelude H22 swap helpp

My swap is basically done...but I have a oil leak problem and it's coming from the seal behind the crank pulley, but i can't get the crank pulley off...i haven't been able to find a place that carries the removal tool and I've tried like every other method like heating the bolt, using the alternator, cranking the engine etc...cracked two sockets and nothing is working, i'm wrking in the newport news/hampton area and if there is anybody that has the tools to get this off or knows how to, i would appreciate it...

I have to have this car moved by tomorrow because my lease goes up this month and this leak is the only thing keeping me from moving the vehicle...

The real Ryan 12-30-2008 11:24 AM

Re: Honda Prelude H22 swap helpp

Take the inspection plate off of the transmission and jam a screw driver between the flywheel teeth and the case. This will keep the crank from turning.

H22PwrdInspire 12-30-2008 11:46 AM

I'm not sure exactly what the guy above me wants you to accomplish with his advice. Try using two long pry bars and use a back and forth motion. I do this at work with stubborn crank pulleys and it works for me.

The real Ryan 12-30-2008 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by H22PwrdInspire (Post 4844231)
I'm not sure exactly what the guy above me wants you to accomplish with his advice. Try using two long pry bars and use a back and forth motion. I do this at work with stubborn crank pulleys and it works for me.

Really? You don't understand the concept of prevent the flywheel from turning and break the crank pulley bolt loose? It's pretty simple. Just sayin'

H22PwrdInspire 12-30-2008 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by The real Ryan (Post 4844294)
Really? You don't understand the concept of prevent the flywheel from turning and break the crank pulley bolt loose? It's pretty simple. Just sayin'

Yea it is pretty simple if you read the first post. He said he is having difficulties taking the pulley off not the bolt. How's that for a concept smartass. Thanks for playing, try again.

weldmatic 12-30-2008 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by The real Ryan (Post 4844294)

idiot .... that wont work.... the teeth are too small. its a honda. also the starter opening wont work either.

ive tried all the above and the only way i get them loose with limited tools is by filling a cylinder with some oil and locking the motor.

the best way is to use a big fuggin impact but...... not many people have those.

thats for the bolt.

for the pulley..... a slight tap with a mallet works sooooooo nicely.

H22PwrdInspire 12-30-2008 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by weldmatic (Post 4844350)
idiot .... that wont work.... the teeth are too small. its a honda. also the starter opening wont work either.

ive tried all the above and the only way i get them loose with limited tools is by filling a cylinder with some oil and locking the motor.

the best way is to use a big fuggin impact but...... not many people have those.

thats for the bolt.

for the pulley..... a slight tap with a mallet works sooooooo nicely.

Once again he is not talking about the crank bolt.

edit-Didn't see your advice for the pulley itself.

The real Ryan 12-30-2008 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by H22PwrdInspire (Post 4844349)
Yea it is pretty simple if you read the first post. He said he is having difficulties taking the pulley off not the bolt. How's that for a concept smartass. Thanks for playing, try again.

Really retard? He's broken 2 sockets and tried heating the bolt but he's not talking about the bolt???

GTFO>>>>>>>>>>>>

The real Ryan 12-30-2008 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by weldmatic (Post 4844350)

Holy shit, please kill yourself now.

The real Ryan 12-30-2008 12:37 PM

OP- It's just a leak so if you top it off you can drive it right? If so I will break it loose for you using a triangle file, 1/2"ratchet, and a jack handle. But you have to bring it to me tonight by 5:30.

11861 Canon Blvd
Newport News, VA 23606