Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Electrical Engineer Wanted - NPN

Old 03-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Electrical Engineer Wanted - NPN

My Dad is looking to hire another Electrical Engineer for his company. Will be responsible for R&D, support of existing products. I'm a little less PC than he is and ticked from the last guy that screwed him over, so this won't be as 'official' as the job listing.

Company with about 15 employees that deals with cryogenics, creating smaller scale cryogenic generation plants (Liquid Air, Liquid Nitrogen, Liquid Oxygen, Liquid He, etc). Does other work with such things as creating skids/trailers for high pressure/pure gasses (10k+psi N2) as well. They have a set product line as well as do a lot of cool custom projects. Company is growing and he is looking to mold someone into the director of the R&D department.

Qualifications -
- Don't be a shit head. No, seriously. Last person he had at this position (fired) was an idiot who was way in over their head. Lied to him on his progress on projects, didn't do what he was told, sent development IP to foreign customers, etc. If this sounds like you, click the back button.
- Be motivated. This ties into number one. Someone looking to just show up and collect a check need not apply.
- Be familiar with PLC programming. Pretty sure you'll need to know some C++ as well.
- Be organized, able to properly document what you development.
- Be able to manage people - will probably have several people working with/for you to build prototypes.

Other info;
- There can and probably will be travel both across US as well as overseas, passport a plus.
- Looking for a EE, not an "I can use a voltmeter!" person.
- I'm pretty sure if you're working on your EE or new to the field, he could make exceptions as long as you demonstrate you're willing to bust your ass.
- Slack work environment - show up in a tshirt and shorts every day and grill lunch if you want.
- I don't know the compensation he's offering so I won't speculate.

So this is the gist of it. I'm mechanical and don't know many EE's looking so I figured I'd over this to anyone on this board who may be interested. Contact me VIA PM and I'll put you in touch if you are.

Cheers,
Old 03-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Electrical Engineer Wanted - NPN

Up. I have the official listing for anyone interested.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

N1COM3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Electrical Engineer Wanted - NPN

Oh boy, PLCs and ladder logic. That's some fun stuff right there.