Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Considering moving to the Va Beach area trying to find reputable places for employmen

Old 11-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat
Default Considering moving to the Va Beach area trying to find reputable places for employmen

I am a CNC Machinist/Metal Fabricator with 14 years experience running CNC Mills, Lathes, Press Brakes, Lasers, Turrets and Water Jets. Also experienced in MIG and TIG welding looking for reputable places to apply that I wouldn't have to worry about lay-offs that pay competitively and offer good benefits. I also have experience drawing on CAD and other like programs I just figure I would try to get some info from locals on good places of employment in the field since its the only type of work experience I have since I was 18 and don't know much about businesses in the area and will be moving myself and my family to the area so work consistency is a must. Also good school districts and areas to live in that have good public schools are other big things to me as we have one child in school and plan to have more children. Any replies to these subjects will be greatly appreciated hoping I get the answers I am looking for here.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:11 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: Considering moving to the Va Beach area trying to find reputable places for emplo

Originally Posted by K Strat
I am a CNC Machinist/Metal Fabricator with 14 years experience running CNC Mills, Lathes, Press Brakes, Lasers, Turrets and Water Jets. Also experienced in MIG and TIG welding looking for reputable places to apply that I wouldn't have to worry about lay-offs that pay competitively and offer good benefits. I also have experience drawing on CAD and other like programs I just figure I would try to get some info from locals on good places of employment in the field since its the only type of work experience I have since I was 18 and don't know much about businesses in the area and will be moving myself and my family to the area so work consistency is a must. Also good school districts and areas to live in that have good public schools are other big things to me as we have one child in school and plan to have more children. Any replies to these subjects will be greatly appreciated hoping I get the answers I am looking for here.
Apply to shipyards, just probably not H.I. Newport News because they're laying off a shitload of people. All I can tell you about schools is I don't think most of them are very good around here.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:13 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Considering moving to the Va Beach area trying to find reputable places for emplo

a buddy of mine is a Machinist let me find out if his company is hiring
Old 11-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

USAjobs.gov

Might get lucky with so many bases in that area; ideally find a .gov job of your trade.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Registered member

K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat K Strat

I really appreciate all of the information how about private schools any private schools in the area that may be better than the public schools I'm not opposed to paying for my childrens education I would just rather them go to a good public school so I can start saving for their college education
Old 11-12-2015, 05:29 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by K Strat
I really appreciate all of the information how about private schools any private schools in the area that may be better than the public schools I'm not opposed to paying for my childrens education I would just rather them go to a good public school so I can start saving for their college education
fuck private schools man, va beach has great public schools
Old 11-19-2015, 06:59 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
fuck private schools man, va beach has great public schools
So there are good public schools there I got a PM stating public schools in the area were not so great I appreciate that info as I rather save money to send my kids to college rather than pay for their K-12 education at a private school...
Old 11-19-2015, 07:15 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Like most areas, some schools probably suck and others are probably decent. It is just a matter of finding one of the good ones. I don't have kids and I don't know anything other than a few bad things I've heard, but perhaps someone else here can elaborate.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Like most areas, some schools probably suck and others are probably decent. It is just a matter of finding one of the good ones. I don't have kids and I don't know anything other than a few bad things I've heard, but perhaps someone else here can elaborate.
Yeah I am definitely interested in hearing everyones point of view on good school districts to live in regardless of cost to get into a neighborhood in one of the better school districts a good school for the current child in the home and future children we have is very important to me
Old 11-19-2015, 02:09 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

If you live in 23456 in Virginia Beach you will be just fine.

Quick Reply: Considering moving to the Va Beach area trying to find reputable places for employmen