Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Color sanding/bufffing needed

Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 AM
still plays NES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these parts
Default Color sanding/bufffing needed

I just had a friend of my brother spray a single stage white paint job on my car as a side job. The paint has a lot of orange peel and needs to be color sanded and buffed. From what I have learned this is normal and usually needs to be done after the paint has dried. The guy preps cars for a living but only paints on the side and I am not sure that he knows how to do this, so I'd rather have someone who has experience do it. The paint is very new, I would like to get this done as soon as possible. I am in Williamsburg, if anyone on the peninsula can do it, please PM me.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Color sanding/bufffing needed

good luck man, single stage is incredibly hard to sand and buff without ruining it, I work at one of the best paint shops in the area, and I wont even touch a single stage paint with sandpaper to get it ready for buffing, its just to risky.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

pm nftuatn
Old 10-05-2009, 02:07 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
good luck man, single stage is incredibly hard to sand and buff without ruining it, I work at one of the best paint shops in the area, and I wont even touch a single stage paint with sandpaper to get it ready for buffing, its just to risky.
I was just talking to Joey about this on my car today, and he said if its single stage you can't just fix it, its gonna need to be repainted and done properly.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by elambz
I was just talking to Joey about this on my car today, and he said if its single stage you can't just fix it, its gonna need to be repainted and done properly.

exactly. you really shouldnt sand single stage, cause your actually going to "color sand", like in the literal meaning of sanding the color off of it. Theres no top coat, its basically just pigment with hardener and the color will come off, you buff single stage, and then look at the buffing pad and its gonna be the color of the car. Its not like sanding and buffing clear, thats why I hate single stage paints cause if you need to wetsand and buff, while it is feasible and possible. Its incredibly hard not to ruin the finish. Most people use shit tastic single stage paint and dont know how to spray it well enough, so it comes out looking really peely and textury and they want to wetsand and buff it and then it ends up getting ruined. Weve used single stage paints before, but they always get sprayed over with 2 coats of actual clear. Thats the only time I like single stage. If your spraying a basic color like red, white or black. Im fine with a really good single stage like cromapremier, its freaking expensive. But lays really nice and covers very well. But just to add to it well add 2 coats of clearcoat as well. Turns out awesome. Thats about the only time i like single stage.

is your car at the shop right now ? mike and I went to lunch and saw a black type r sitting out front, I thought to myself, man that car looks familiar. And it was still there when I left this afternoon.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by elambz
exactly. you really shouldnt sand single stage, cause your actually going to "color sand", like in the literal meaning of sanding the color off of it. Theres no top coat, its basically just pigment with hardener and the color will come off, you buff single stage, and then look at the buffing pad and its gonna be the color of the car. Its not like sanding and buffing clear, thats why I hate single stage paints cause if you need to wetsand and buff, while it is feasible and possible. Its incredibly hard not to ruin the finish. Most people use shit tastic single stage paint and dont know how to spray it well enough, so it comes out looking really peely and textury and they want to wetsand and buff it and then it ends up getting ruined. Weve used single stage paints before, but they always get sprayed over with 2 coats of actual clear. Thats the only time I like single stage. If your spraying a basic color like red, white or black. Im fine with a really good single stage like cromapremier, its freaking expensive. But lays really nice and covers very well. But just to add to it well add 2 coats of clearcoat as well. Turns out awesome. Thats about the only time i like single stage.

is your car at the shop right now ? mike and I went to lunch and saw a black type r sitting out front, I thought to myself, man that car looks familiar. And it was still there when I left this afternoon.
Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
pm nftuatn

thanks but im with joey and ricky on this

i wont even spray single stage....just for the reasons of trying to fix any imperfections...
Old 10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by nftuatn
thanks but im with joey and ricky on this

i wont even spray single stage....just for the reasons of trying to fix any imperfections...
I just said that so he'd pm you for advice... I wasn't gonna touch this b/c I already know the rules on fuckin w/ single stage... You're wiser than I am w/ this shit... I still consider myself a noob even w/ 5+ years under my belt which is nothin to brag about...
Old 10-06-2009, 04:19 AM
still plays NES

Sheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these partsSheltoe is infamous around these parts

Well I am having the guy who painted the car come over and try to make the car look better, but from now on Im strictly getting cars done in base/clear. I had talked to a friend who knows a good bit about this type of thing, and in retrospect I should have let him paint the car. He suggested getting the car sprayed with clear after wetsanding the paint I have now. The dude who painted the car thinks that clearing over the paint I have now would be a bad idea. I guess it depends on who you ask. Thank you guys for your input.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:26 AM
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

i agree with all of the above...youd just be creating more work for yourself. there are some spots on my car that has obvious peel that i dare wouldnt touch due to how low the paint is in the area. id just fvck it up
Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 PM
still plays NES

WOW, I just got to say, the dude came over a couple hours ago and we hit the hood and fenders with some 2000 grit wet sand paper and a high speed buffer. Looks great now and he's coming back to do the rest this weekend.

Quick Reply: Color sanding/bufffing needed