Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ASVAB Scores

Old 06-03-2007, 09:47 AM
booooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EddieBell has disabled reputation
Default Re: ASVAB Scores

Originally Posted by 92_SR20
Recruiter told me the national average is in the mid 30s, so apparently a good portion of the U.S. is mentally retarded. He also told me the average locally is lower then that.
nope he lied average is around 50 something i believe i saw online a year ago
i took it never even did all the questions because i had a headache and got a 78
Originally Posted by 1aznTT
keep in mind, they lie.

the recruiter told my brother and i the same thing.

..word for word

it's probably in the "getting them to join: Lie, Lie and Lie some more" manual!
YES SIRR!!!!!

Originally Posted by XCELR8
My recruiter never lied to me.
you just never figured itr out
Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by XCELR8
My recruiter never lied to me.
+1.

And I joined the Army during a time of war,which would have gave him even more reason to lie,but he didnt.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:58 AM
booooo

once again he never got caught or he boned you mommy in order to be honest to you. Recruiters are like car sales men/ door to door vaccum salesmen they are there to make the sale
Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by EddieBell
once again he never got caught or he boned you mommy in order to be honest to you. Recruiters are like car sales men/ door to door vaccum salesmen they are there to make the sale
Ok,and heres what im trying to say. Joining any branch of the military is a big step. Its not just something you say "im bored..fuck it" to. So you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into with or without additional information. So all the people who try to blame shit on their recruiters,are just pussies for not man-ing up about their decision and fufilling what they signed up for.

yea,you are right,they are just there to make the sale. But no one is forcing you to do shit,if you feel something isnt being told to you,or it isnt right,its as simple as asking someone else thats in that branch. Who the hell is 100% honest in this world nowadays to begin with?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BoostLag
So all the people who try to blame shit on their recruiters,are just pussies for not man-ing up about their decision and fufilling what they signed up for.
Abso-fuckin'-lutely.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:09 AM
booooo

Originally Posted by BoostLag
Ok,and heres what im trying to say. Joining any branch of the military is a big step. Its not just something you say "im bored..fuck it" to. So you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into with or without additional information. So all the people who try to blame shit on their recruiters,are just pussies for not man-ing up about their decision and fufilling what they signed up for.

yea,you are right,they are just there to make the sale. But no one is forcing you to do shit,if you feel something isnt being told to you,or it isnt right,its as simple as asking someone else thats in that branch. Who the hell is 100% honest in this world nowadays to begin with?
i agree with all that but alot of recruiters lie . I feel sorry for those who dont research at all .. I ended up joining marines but before then i was in dep for a year and saw all types of people getting lied to who never asked info..

When id talk to them outside and tell them to go talk to someone else because they were just lied to theyd be like "who the fuck are you just some dep kid"

What they never knew was i was the one that made appointments, and helped fill out forms and spent alot of time in the office with the diff recruiters listening to them promising diff things.

its not too hard to read the info to search online but some are too trusting
Old 06-03-2007, 01:28 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

the asvab is an aptitude test. what it's supposed to measure is how well you retain knowledge you were expected to learn in high school. there is no high-level literary concepts or complex math on that test, and they ask fairly common knowledge questions in all other areas.

it is pretty hard to believe that people score as low as they do on such a God damn simple test. basically if you retained anything from high school you should do just fine. i suppose it is a weeding-out type of test, as if you can't score higher than a 30-45 then you really shouldn't be put in a position where people's lives could possibly be at stake.

and yes, i did score an afqt of 99, i'll pull up my ejt and show anyone who asks. the only thing it proves is that i have the aptitude to be trained in any job the military has.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:14 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Originally Posted by blackout
the asvab is an aptitude test. what it's supposed to measure is how well you retain knowledge you were expected to learn in high school. there is no high-level literary concepts or complex math on that test, and they ask fairly common knowledge questions in all other areas.

it is pretty hard to believe that people score as low as they do on such a God damn simple test. basically if you retained anything from high school you should do just fine. i suppose it is a weeding-out type of test, as if you can't score higher than a 30-45 then you really shouldn't be put in a position where people's lives could possibly be at stake.

and yes, i did score an afqt of 99, i'll pull up my ejt and show anyone who asks. the only thing it proves is that i have the aptitude to be trained in any job the military has.
Most of it was related to what you learned in school, but a lot of the electrical questions weren't.

My scoring:

Mechanical Aptitude Score - Determined from General Science (GS), Mechanical Comprehension (MC), and Auto/Shop (AS). 091

Administrative Aptitude Score - Numerical Operations (NO), Coding Speed (CS), and Verbal Expression (VE). (Note: With the elimination of NO and CS from the ASVAB, a "dummy score" is now inserted there, so the Administrative Score is actually determined directly from the VE Score). 076

General Aptitude Score - Determined from Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) and and Verbal Expression (VE). 084

Electronics Aptitude Score - Determined from General Science (GS), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Mathematics Knowledge (MK), and Electronics Information (EI). 071

Composite: 322 ; QT: 81

This is the USAF scale. Anyone know a Cryptologic Linguist? He told me I should also take a look at that rate if I was good with that type of thing.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Backyard Mechanic!

UnityRacing has disabled reputation

I think I had a 78 on my overall. I aced the mechanical, and comprehension part, but sucked ass at the math part. I also took mine at age 25, so I really don't remember most of the math crap anyway. I was offered nuke, and i'm from VB originally, so I know where the power plant is. I used to work for the surry co school system as their network engineer, and I'll be damned if I'm making that long boring ass drive everyday again LOL.

I was lied to. Straight up. Signed for IT, was in dep as an IT, 7 days before boot I was called right in the middle of thanksgiving dinner and told I should switch to ET because they work on computers more. I just wanted to eat (flew to chicago to be with my grand parents) so I said ok. Big mistake. Now im a janitor. I was also told that I would receive BAH since I was 25 and had a house. Guess what, NOPE. ET rate is so full, I will have a better chance of getting BAH as a 4yr E4 !

One word of advice if you really must join ~ tell them when you goto MEPS in Richmond and fill out your paperwork (even the recruiter too) that your home of record is FL. You won't have to pay state tax. I get an extra $150 or more a month by not paying VA tax. If they say you cannot do that, they are lying. You can. You can have 2 addresses, home of record, and home of residence. Record = FL, Residence = VA. You have to give them an address there, but you can just make something up, they have no way to check, and don't really care. I used my mothers address, and they never verified it.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Registered Baller

Zimzallabim is an unknown quantity at this point

i took it and got a 83

Quick Reply: ASVAB Scores