Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any good locations for a wedding ?

Old 05-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al_P has disabled reputation
Default Any good locations for a wedding ?

Just curious if you have any personal exp or been at friends wedding. Yellow pages listings suck, just a bunch of hotels and librarys(who would want to have a wedding at a library?) If you know prices or what is included in it such as catering and so on please let me know. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:50 PM

Lily is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any good locations for a wedding ?

Been to some nice weddings at the Botanical Gardens and a couple of random churches (can't remember the names). Chrysler Museum looks like it'd also be a nice place.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

vahankin is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard lots of good things about the Botanical Gardens. I wanted to get married there but they book up well in advance. We had our reception at the Norfolk Yacht Club and enjoyed it.

Do you have a DJ? If so ask them about their experiences. Or just call some of them to talk, I'm sure they will try to get your business.

Best of Luck!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:23 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Vegas. Get a punch card, apparently the 5th one is free.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

Check out the Norfolk Womens club. That is where we did ours, it was great.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:44 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

My wedding was held at the chrysler museum of art, in Norfolk. And it was absolutely gorgeous. its costly, but its a really beautiful spot.Dont have to do much decorating cause the place is pretty nice just how it is. Just be aware, if you have the reception at the chryler as well they make you use a specific caterer, which is cuisine and company. It was delicous food, but the owner of that company is a straight bitch, i couldnt even deal with her cause i wanted to smack her so the wife had to deal with her.

if i remember right,

from october-march

$4500 for 5 hours just to rent the Chrsyler building,

from april -september is 5k for 5 hours.

catering costs were around 8k dollars, we had to rent everything from c and c (chairs, glasses,flatware,stemware, napkins etc) cause the Chrysler doesnt provide a damn thing. This was for a wedding of 90 people.

I highly suggest you buy your own alcohol. much much cheaper than goping through c and c, just apply for a one day ABC license, cuisine and company offers that option. You need a million bucks in insurance, which was like 35 bucks for one day from our insurance company. You have to have a certified wedding planner, you have to use cuisine and company if you want the reception there. If you want red wine its an extra 500 dollars just for them to let you have red wine in the building, white wine is ok and is no extra charge.

theres a couple other things but ive forgotten them. I didnt do a damn thing, the wife did just about everything. All i did was pick out the tuxes i want, Im pretty thankful she took care of it all, cause i would have gone nuts dealing with some of these people.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 05-17-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

vahankin is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out the Portsmouth Woman's Club as well. It may be a more inexpensive way to go. They are located in the neighborhood behind Maryview Hospital.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

I had a great one at Historic St. Lukes in Smithfield. http://www.historicstlukes.org/2007%...ion%20Page.htm

One of the Oldest churches in the US. Mad Dohc sisters owns a Horse and carriage company and did an outstanding job. Natchez did our photos for us and did a great job.

Church was $500 charge though... book now if you want it soon.

We also had a reception at Smithfield station.
http://www.smithfieldstation.com/

We kept our wedding down under 5gs - PM me if you need some advice... pay me a bit and I will help you plan it.

these 2 our wedding..not Natchez photos

someone elses inside the church.

Last edited by Will Sol; 05-17-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:59 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
My wedding was held at the chrysler museum of art, in Norfolk. And it was absolutely gorgeous. its costly, but its a really beautiful spot.Dont have to do much decorating cause the place is pretty nice just how it is. Just be aware, if you have the reception at the chryler as well they make you use a specific caterer, which is cuisine and company. It was delicous food, but the owner of that company is a straight bitch, i couldnt even deal with her cause i wanted to smack her so the wife had to deal with her.

if i remember right,

from october-march

$4500 for 5 hours just to rent the Chrsyler building,

from april -september is 5k for 5 hours.

catering costs were around 8k dollars, we had to rent everything from c and c (chairs, glasses,flatware,stemware, napkins etc) cause the Chrysler doesnt provide a damn thing. This was for a wedding of 90 people.

I highly suggest you buy your own alcohol. much much cheaper than goping through c and c, just apply for a one day ABC license, cuisine and company offers that option. You need a million bucks in insurance, which was like 35 bucks for one day from our insurance company. You have to have a certified wedding planner, you have to use cuisine and company if you want the reception there. If you want red wine its an extra 500 dollars just for them to let you have red wine in the building, white wine is ok and is no extra charge.

theres a couple other things but ive forgotten them. I didnt do a damn thing, the wife did just about everything. All i did was pick out the tuxes i want, Im pretty thankful she took care of it all, cause i would have gone nuts dealing with some of these people.
Sounds like a nightmare.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
SHIT LOAD OF CASH
Wow I couldn't of spent that kind of cash.

Quick Reply: Any good locations for a wedding ?