Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Aftermarket Exhausts in VA

Old 06-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen
Default Aftermarket Exhausts in VA

So still being somewhat new to the area, i read up on state laws in VA concerning modified cars. I see a lot of them out there, ranging from civics with fart cans to gto's with straight pipes. VA law states

"No person shall drive and no owner of a motor vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment, in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicles or trucks of standard make."

with that being read, i'm curious to see if any of you know how strict they are on this rule, if you've been caught and the cost of the ticket you paid.

in no way have i been caught for mine. i conisider myself to be a conservative driver, i don't do ricer fly -bys or get into high RPMs. I'm just curious as to how strict they really are.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 AM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99
Default Re: Aftermarket Exhausts in VA

Originally Posted by smokescreen
So still being somewhat new to the area, i read up on state laws in VA concerning modified cars. I see a lot of them out there, ranging from civics with fart cans to gto's with straight pipes. VA law states

"No person shall drive and no owner of a motor vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment, in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicles or trucks of standard make."

with that being read, i'm curious to see if any of you know how strict they are on this rule, if you've been caught and the cost of the ticket you paid.

in no way have i been caught for mine. i conisider myself to be a conservative driver, i don't do ricer fly -bys or get into high RPMs. I'm just curious as to how strict they really are.
If you're in VB, prepare your anus... $96 ticket (I haven't had one in a couple years, so it might be different now).

Most of the other cities have "real" crime to deal with and could give a shit about your exhaust.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:15 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

From my experience they're pretty relaxed on exhaust on the penninsula, but it all boils down to the officer. If they want pull you over they will.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen

Originally Posted by yeldak99
If you're in VB, prepare your anus... $96 ticket (I haven't had one in a couple years, so it might be different now).

Most of the other cities have "real" crime to deal with and could give a shit about your exhaust.
understood. i just put a full exhaust on my z, and it was a concern of mine. i rarely go to VB anyway. lol.

Originally Posted by Heat
From my experience they're pretty relaxed on exhaust on the penninsula, but it all boils down to the officer. If they want pull you over they will.
thanks for the quick reply.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Registered member

lebaneezy has disabled reputation
Default Aftermarket Exhausts in VA

Lets just say i got pulled over the other day for my exhaust and the cop was like "i also noticed something hanging from you rear view" i was like , "um officer thats an air freshener"
Old 06-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lebaneezy
Lets just say i got pulled over the other day for my exhaust and the cop was like "i also noticed something hanging from you rear view" i was like , "um officer thats an air freshener"
are we not allowed to have those either? dafaq?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Young, kid, import car = prepare thy anus
Old 06-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by -JB-
Young, kid, import car = prepare thy anus
lol. i'm used to getting shit for it. i'm 22. i've been driving modified cars since i've had my license.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Never got one in my fox body which was god awfully loud and I drove like a tard. Now I drive my miata like a grandma and had to take the aftermarket exhaust off because I had so many tickets for it.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by lebaneezy
Originally Posted by smokescreen
are we not allowed to have those either? dafaq?
NO item should be hanging from the rearview mirror.

Typically, air fresheners are ignored because they weigh nothing. However, Jorge with all of his jesus pieces and Virgin Mary idols will get looked at because they weigh something and are dangerous in an accident.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhausts in VA