Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.
Default Re: Western Off Topic

I find most honda dealerships will rape you in the ass for anything that they can get.

Until you say yeah I can order the same part online for this price.... Then they play nice. :|

I dont deal with them unless I have no other choice.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:01 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by pearl350z
If every dealership that did stuff like this burned to the ground, there wouldn't be many left!
I hope that's not supposed to make me feel better about it... at all. lol

You don't have to run a shady business to be successful.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I hope that's not supposed to make me feel better about it... at all. lol

You don't have to run a shady business to be successful.
I agree! The auto industry (especially aftermarket) seems to attract many entreprenuers that lack utmost integrity! In today's world, I think it's mainly because it's so difficult to be successful in the industry - anything to make an extra buck!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
I.

Until you say yeah I can order the same part online for this price.... Then they play nice. :|

Every time I've tried this at Rick Woodson,they tell me that "real" dealers aren't allowed to sell below retail/sell online/etc......I'm not even trying to get them to match the discounted prices.I'm just trying to get them to sell me the shit at the actual MSRP(that all the online retailers sell parts at 20%+ off of)instead of whatever their inflated price happens to be that day.When you get three different prices from three different people within a month on the same item,obviously there's some "adjusting" going on.

Anyways,still trying to convince the Pilot owner to contact the state police to have the local officer set up a monitered re-inspection.Haha,this makes me want to send Earon over there to get some of our shit inspected,then pop in 20/20 undercover report style to question any discrepancies.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:58 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Every time I've tried this at Rick Woodson,they tell me that "real" dealers aren't allowed to sell below retail/sell online/etc......I'm not even trying to get them to match the discounted prices.I'm just trying to get them to sell me the shit at the actual MSRP(that all the online retailers sell parts at 20%+ off of)instead of whatever their inflated price happens to be that day.When you get three different prices from three different people within a month on the same item,obviously there's some "adjusting" going on.

Anyways,still trying to convince the Pilot owner to contact the state police to have the local officer set up a monitered re-inspection.Haha,this makes me want to send Earon over there to get some of our shit inspected,then pop in 20/20 undercover report style to question any discrepancies.
I'd totally encourage you to do that. Honestly, you're a good candidate to initiate a set-up like that, and you're obviously upset enough about what's going on to get involved when the Pilot owner apparently has to think it over.

It's not right, and if someone doesn't call them out on it and nail them to the cross, they're going to continue to do it time and time again. Some people might not have to dig far into their pocket or think twice about it, but there are plenty of honest people out there that can't really spare an extra buck who could experience more significant impact from an operation like this.

I know it's tough to make a buck or stay afloat in the automotive industry, but I'd rather make less and have a reputation of integrity and honesty than the alternative. I think some of those guys have a sense of entitlement because they get away with it. Not the same at all, but it sort of reminds me of being asked if I want to leave a tip going through the drive-thru at Dairy Queen. Many service industries have a set wage and you don't get paid extra for doing your job, so I'm not sure where that sense of entitlement comes from.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:00 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by TNGChris

Im down if you need any assistance with this.

And the bolded text I've had happen to me a few times. I always mention the other price and they are like yeah we can do that....

Last edited by .Sarge.; 08-01-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Im down if you need any assistance with this.

And the bolded text I've had happen to me a few times. I always mention the other price and they are like yeah we can do that....
I have only got a few odds and ins from Rick Woodson because of the prices. My father drives a truck and Travels to Winston-Salem/ Greensboro everyday and I order all my parts threw a dealer down there. I have picked up more than a few parts from down there and have a pretty good discount with them now. Rick Woodson told me they wanted 260 dollars a piece for new fenders.. when retail is 180 and some change. Like Vanilla Thrilla said on the last page, dealerships or businesses should not have to run their business like that to make it out successful.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by eyeGOsloo
I have only got a few odds and ins from Rick Woodson because of the prices. My father drives a truck and Travels to Winston-Salem/ Greensboro everyday and I order all my parts threw a dealer down there. I have picked up more than a few parts from down there and have a pretty good discount with them now. Rick Woodson told me they wanted 260 dollars a piece for new fenders.. when retail is 180 and some change. Like Vanilla Thrilla said on the last page, dealerships or businesses should not have to run their business like that to make it out successful.
For an example of how Rick Woodson is to deal with,Firestone gets OEM Honda parts from the Greensboro dealership once a week versus local daily deliveries from Woodson.

There used to be a guy who worked in parts at Woodson years ago named George.He was the shit-always very helpfull and friendly.The guys in there now act like they hate their fuckin life.I hate customers as much as I'm sure they do,but that's no excuse to not provide good service.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

All signed up and ready to go for VIR. There's still decent room Chris, but I wouldn't delay it forever.

You either John! Chop chop
Old 08-11-2011, 05:06 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
All signed up and ready to go for VIR. There's still decent room Chris, but I wouldn't delay it forever.

You either John! Chop chop
Whats the price? I might actually have a decent setup put together in time. (and that's surprising.)

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic