Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 03-04-2011, 12:57 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Western Off Topic

I just called and haggled with the salesman a little but he didn't want to come down much.. I'm not stupid, and I know that by muting the phone for 15-20 seconds he wasn't really calling my local shop to find out if they had any in-house specials on glass. LOL! He said $210 plus $13 in fees. $223 for one of the smallest flattest windshields I've ever seen just seems too high to me since you've had them done for less than $160 on a Honda Civic.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:59 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
They aren't the cheapest,but they are the best.The only other place i would trust is dannys and they are just as steep or even maybe more pricey then safelite.
Well, I hung up on the guy mid sentence. He was getting too pushy about setting up an appointment and I at least want to do a little "window shopping" before setting up an appointment. Everyone on the Jeep forum thought $200+ for a Jeep windshield was outrageous, and many of those guys go through several windshields every year after hitting tree's and what not on the trail. I'm not saying I'm not considering Safelite still, but I wasn't really happy that he basically was willing to knock $8 off of his original quote. Their online quote was less than $210.00.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Well, I hung up on the guy mid sentence. He was getting too pushy about setting up an appointment and I at least want to do a little "window shopping" before setting up an appointment. Everyone on the Jeep forum thought $200+ for a Jeep windshield was outrageous, and many of those guys go through several windshields every year after hitting tree's and what not on the trail. I'm not saying I'm not considering Safelite still, but I wasn't really happy that he basically was willing to knock $8 off of his original quote. Their online quote was less than $210.00.
I didn't pay 160 for mine,i only paid the price of the glass.Thats for obvious reasons though.Give dannys a call and see what they say.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

I use Best Auto Glass. Its a husband/wife operation that work out of their van. No over head, they come to you and do the install. They've put 4 windshields in for me. 2 at my work and I've left a check in the seat for the other 2 at my house.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

I just shopped around as I have to get a new windshield for the 240. Safelite, Danny's, and Doctor Glass were all 290+tax. Glass America is 200 bucks installed and they use ppg windshields. SOLD
Old 03-04-2011, 05:36 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

So everyone in my house has a stomach virus, and I'm the only one without it. My strategy is to kill any foreign shit in my blood with alcohol. Right now. Posts in an hour might seem cocky and make zero sense, but I;'m creepy like that, so fuck it.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 PM
wub wub wub wub

That's a good plan. Drink enough of it to where you puke/shit your guts out--along with the virus.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:50 PM
BATTLESTAGS

Or just kill it with the alcohol
Old 03-05-2011, 04:14 PM
wub wub wub wub

Danny's gave me an instant online quote of $190, and I have yet to speak to anyone, but I think that's what I'm going to go with.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Danny's gave me an instant online quote of $190, and I have yet to speak to anyone, but I think that's what I'm going to go with.
They do good work.Though i'm not sure where they get there glass from.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic