Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Saturday Night Kills-It's been a long time!

Old 03-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Nonvtec owns you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid_vtec has disabled reputation
Cool Saturday Night Kills-It's been a long time!

I finally took my car out for the first time since December of '03(b/c of blown motor). I went to the races here in San Diego, CA to test out my new build. I have to say I was nervous as hell b/c I passed 2 cops on the way there and my car is LOUD as fawk! My friend ****** had called be begging me to come out and show some of his boys what I had to lay down.

So I finally got to the spot where it was all going down; and since not many ppl here do anything the crowd was small, but that didnt matter to me. So I holla'ed at my boy and he had the fastest guys there already jumping at the chance to run me. So the line up goes: 2 heavily modded GSR's and 1 moderately modded H22 Prelude(the fastest of the 3) vs my 92 Civic HB. For my mod's click on this link:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1124823

So Im kinda nervous b/c I havent raced in awhile and I am unsure about my launching; but I said screw it and I'll launch at 3K and see what it does. Now we are rolling up to the line going 3 wide, me vs the 2 GSR's. Im cool, set at 3K waiting for the go while the flagger is doublechecking to see if everyone is ready. The arms go up, I hold the e-brake up and begin to ease off the clutch.........................GO!!!!!(The arms go down)
I fully engage and put down the e-brake giving it all the gas I can and before i know it Im at 8K..............BAM!!! Im in 2nd gear keeping my eye on the rpms and the road. 2nd gear feels like it is lagging then I hit 5K and feels like I have VTEC(WTF!!!! ). I hit 7600.............BAM, into third pulling hard as shit! I have no clue where the 2 GSR's are at and I dont look or care for that matter b/c they arent in front of me. 3rd gear is pulling hard(very ,very nice ) and I reach 7400....................BAM into 4th and I let off the gas, look around and the 2 GSR's are about 3 and 4 cars back; and my wife is all cheezing and screaming, "Yeah baby you won!"

Round 1 = victory and I circle around and head back down to hear my buddy say," Damn, you're quick fool!" Then he proceeds to tell me to launch higher so I get a better jump off the line. So Im like ok, I need to anyway. Then he tells me launch at 5K!!!!!!! "Hell No!" I tell him,"I'll launch at 3.5K , I dont want to break any thing!" Now I know I need to work on my launch but you 've got to remeber I haven't dragged my car in awhile and I remind him that it is a roadrace car anyway and not a drag car.

Now I am informed its time to race the Prelude. I normally dont do back to back b/c of engine, intake and clutch temperatures, but I do it anyway and tell my buddy that Im outta there after this one. So we line up and I set my rpms to 3,500 and use the same method as before and Im waiting for the go. My adrenaline is pumping b/c I have no fear and my whole body is shaking and I cant stop it! It's on!!! The hands drop and Im in it to win it. My launch was about the same as last time which tells me I need to still launch higher, but its too late at this point. The rpms race rapidly to 8K............BAM, 2nd gear. Still lagging going into 2nd like the first race until 5K and I notice my fuel map isnt switching from low throttle to high throttle(Uh oh!). Maybe this is why I am lagging. Can't change that either at this stage of the game so I have to stick with what I got. I hit 7800 this time............BAM and Im in third now pulling hard! My wife starts saying, "You're pulling him!" I look over and it is close, I have him by a 1/2 car! I focus back at my rpms pulling through 3rd until I hit 7500.......BAM into 4th; but Im letting off yet. I decide to pull through 4th til about 6K and let off. I look over I had him by a car, car and a 1/2! Im kind of disappointed b/c I thought it would be more, but a win is a win and I still have a few things to work on.

So I stop at the end of the track, to tell the guy good race and he tells me how good my car is good on topend, and good race as well. Despite the fact of losing he is a good sport and compliments me So i tellhim Im out and we exchange names and email addresses and Im out on my way home.

When I get home, my boy calls me and tells me how quick my car was and how no one believed it was an LS, and he got it all on video! So now I'm happy and off to bed plotting what tweaks I need to make before my next appearance.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:10 PM
INTERNET PIMP

2.3Liter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Saturday Night Kills-It's been a long time!

good shit man all motor too awesome job nice kills
Old 03-14-2005, 08:07 AM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

I want to see this video If u need a small host site, I'm your man.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

WOW that is a huge post
Old 03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

good stuff.

what year was the vtec prelude?

what kinda mods did the gsr's have? Heavily modded sounds a little vague.

i think weight was on your side. Even though you had your wife there with you.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Piece of white trash

TrailorParkPimp has disabled reputation

nice kills Rick!!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Nonvtec owns you

I am waiting on my boy to send me the vid.

The Prelude was a 92-95 body. H22 with I/H/E, Type S cams and a few other things. I dont know much b/c one he wouldnt tell all, and wouldn't show me either.

The GSR's were I/H/E, cams in both and one had pistons. And thats about all I know there too. Ppl out here arent as get together and hangout types as it is back east. So ppl are a lil shady.

Weight was on my side, but I do have an Si HB that weighs 2326 lbs. So my car is kind of a porker. Another thing though is too, I havent practiced and played around with my new setup, so these were my first few runs since I was in Florida! So that means its been a year and a half.

I honestly think I could have been them by much more but I have to practice on my launch and a few of my shift points to see where I will yield better times. I guarentee my car has a low-mid 13 potential and maybe dip into the 12's on slick(But Im not that hardcore). Like I have stated before this car is more for auto-X and roadcourse, anything else is just extra.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:37 AM
EtHuGn' N dA NoKe!!!

IntegraXSi is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Hybrid_vtec]
The GSR's were I/H/E, cams in both and one had pistons.

QUOTE]

I hope they all had Pistons....
Old 03-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Nonvtec owns you

[QUOTE=IntegraXSi]
Originally Posted by Hybrid_vtec
The GSR's were I/H/E, cams in both and one had pistons.

QUOTE]

I hope they all had Pistons....

You know what I mean!
Old 03-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

get those vids up asap.

Quick Reply: Saturday Night Kills-It's been a long time!