Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

KTM RIDER?

Old 02-03-2009, 07:30 PM
SU8LIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdm_DC4me has disabled reputation
Default KTM RIDER?

Hey everyone I was just wondering if whomever was on the KTM Enduro or Supermoto was on here? I saw it on 581 right at the orange ave exit on Monday afternoon headed north towards valley view. It looked great.

Anyways I wanted to know which model it was, as I am trying to buy one this spring.

If anyone has any useful/helpful info on supermoto bikes or enduro I would appreciate it.

Like how much is insurance?
Do you have to take a class at the dmv?
etc, etc.....

Thanks
Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: KTM RIDER?

you have to have a MC endorsement.

you have to have insurance.

you have to abide by all other laws pertaining to a motorcycle.

KTM sucks.

that is all. lol
Old 02-04-2009, 08:20 AM
SU8LIME

Originally Posted by fc735
you have to have a MC endorsement.

you have to have insurance.

you have to abide by all other laws pertaining to a motorcycle.

KTM sucks.

that is all. lol
i knew someone would say something about how ktm sucks..haha you have your opinion i have mine..thanks for the other info
Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

You do have to take a motorcycle test. I don't know what it was because when I took mine, all I had to do was ride to one end of the parking lot, use my turn signal, ride back, and park. I've heard it's much more difficult now.

This tells about it, but doesn't go into details: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...motorcycle.asp
Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

The test is easy, especially on an agile bike that's flickable and easy to control. The MSF would be ideal for you to take if you're able, but you can always just test at the DMV (you provide the bike) and it's extremely easy. I passed my first try. If you can borrow a small bike like a Kawasaki 250R, do it. Cake!

I have a friend that rides a KTM [Super] Duke. They're freaking sweet. I don't care what anyone says... Hell, do you want to see the video of us chasing a guy on a KTM Duke on Tuggles Gap? He was a VERY fast former professional racer from North Carolina. I wouldn't mind owning one myself, but I ride sportbikes and prefer it to supermoto for my own personal style.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:50 PM
SU8LIME

Thanks guys

anyone know how much insurance would cost?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

insurance varies a ton based on age,company,record and bike.

there was a guy who worked at Power Sports on Peter's Creek that rides a KTM(he'd pull cool wheelies every day by my work),so check that out-may be him.
Chris
Old 02-05-2009, 11:35 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
insurance varies a ton based on age,company,record and bike.

there was a guy who worked at Power Sports on Peter's Creek that rides a KTM(he'd pull cool wheelies every day by my work),so check that out-may be him.
Chris
+1. There are far too many variables when it comes to insurance to give you an ideal generic quote. Two other odd variables that Chris didn't mention are credit score and garaging zip code address. If you're keeping the car/bike in a high crime area, it's more expensive to insure. If your credit is bad, it indicates a lack of responsibility, thus making your risk higher, thus making your premium higher.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

I don't ride street bikes but I used to ride motocross and my old KTM was one of my favorites. Definitely good bikes, and they're actually pretty fast.