Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

E85 now in Wytheville, Va?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: E85 now in Wytheville, Va?

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Guy named Mark owns ProLine now I think, we used to work on his cars a lot, hes been in the scene a long time. Either way I'm sure he could get it for you if they don't carry it.
Do you mean the place on Williamson that used to be Pro-Line,or he owns the new Pro-Line that recently opened on 220?Just curious-always looking for gossip
Old 07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Yea, Willi. Sorry.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Yea, Willi. Sorry.
Ah,okay....I've just been wondering ever since Kenny opened Pro-Line on 220 how he was doing it.The margin on trailers is tiny,and that's a lot of inventory to have on a credit line.I thought maybe he had a partner or something.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Yea, we have one of their trailers....Dad's been a bit dissapointed on a few things.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered member

Yea, we have one of their trailers....Dad's been a bit dissapointed on a few things.
That's pretty much trailers in general.Even the Featherlights are horrible quality.Pro-Line is just selling the same brands everybody else does(probably Homesteader,Quality,and/or CArry-On),and putting their stickers on them.They do a good job of convincing people they're manufacturing them.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

StarCityKid has disabled reputation

It would be a good spot for sheetz in fairlawn to carry the stuff being so close to the track. It wouldnt be nothing to throw another pump in thetank and switch my injectors to the 99 ethanol fueled grand marquies stock #160 injectors. Under $50 per injector, thats a little trick for someone looking to save some $$
Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading on another thread that there is a fuel terminal in Montvale that carries e98? Is this still the case? Anyone know the address / details on this?
Old 09-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Go Team Marlboro

~$260 a 55gal drum, guaranteed within 2%, drum has to be certified before they will fill it, and I think they can certify it for you.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

~$260 a 55gal drum, guaranteed within 2%, drum has to be certified before they will fill it, and I think they can certify it for you.
I had some free time today so I went out to the tankers in Montvale today and this is what I was told by the guy at Megallen Holdings(or something like that): they are an ethanol supplier, however they ONLY sell in bulk. The only means of pumping the fuel is a 600GPM pump and it's not feasible for them to try to pump into a 55 gallon drum. Which I completely understand, wih 600GPM any spill is going to be a big one and EPA fines would probably result. The guy in the office said Sheetz in Wytheville is the closest place and they advertise e85 but it is actually e70. He said Webb oil and Foster Fuels are customers of them and they may able to sell in "small" amounts. I haven't tried getting in touch with them yet, though so I can't say how that will turn out.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
I had some free time today so I went out to the tankers in Montvale today and this is what I was told by the guy at Megallen Holdings(or something like that): they are an ethanol supplier, however they ONLY sell in bulk. The only means of pumping the fuel is a 600GPM pump and it's not feasible for them to try to pump into a 55 gallon drum. Which I completely understand, wih 600GPM any spill is going to be a big one and EPA fines would probably result. The guy in the office said Sheetz in Wytheville is the closest place and they advertise e85 but it is actually e70. He said Webb oil and Foster Fuels are customers of them and they may able to sell in "small" amounts. I haven't tried getting in touch with them yet, though so I can't say how that will turn out.
I've heard that Wytheville is also e70 but it could be due to the temperatures dropping they mix more gasoline into it. There's got to be someone local that has an easy way to get ethanol for a 55gal drum. Let me know if you find anything else on Webbs Oil and Foster Fuels as I'm looking for a more feasible solution than traveling 3 hours both ways to pump 55 gallons of e70.

Just called Webbs and they carry only E10 which is what most local places offer now. They said that no one in the roanoke valley supplies e85 :-(

Last edited by Spooln4; 09-27-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quick Reply: E85 now in Wytheville, Va?