Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turn signal noise

Old 03-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noahhawk has disabled reputation
Default Turn signal noise

I have a 2000 honda civic si, which I recently hooked up 2 10in subs and an amp to. For some reason the next day my turn signal noise comes on randomly and then goes away and there is a red blinking light in the fuse box.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-05-2015, 01:42 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Turn signal noise

You wired it wrong. Try again
Old 03-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I can't even imagine what you could have done to make that happen, because amps are incredibly simple to wire. You need 3 wires, one of which comes straight from the battery, one of which goes straight to the chassis, and the third connects to the remote turn on from the radio. How you mess that up I don't know, because there is only one wire which can possibly be wired wrong.

I don't think the noise is a turn signal, I think it's probably some other relay cycling on and off. Doesn't matter though, it shouldn't happen and you've obviously done something quite wrong.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:28 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I can't even imagine what you could have done to make that happen, because amps are incredibly simple to wire. You need 3 wires, one of which comes straight from the battery, one of which goes straight to the chassis, and the third connects to the remote turn on from the radio. How you mess that up I don't know, because there is only one wire which can possibly be wired wrong.

I don't think the noise is a turn signal, I think it's probably some other relay cycling on and off. Doesn't matter though, it shouldn't happen and you've obviously done something quite wrong.
Hey...that's what I said
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Time for a set of madtyte Mike Hawk aftermarket turn signals, cuhhhhh!
Old 07-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Too Old To Care

smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave

Did you run the wiring down the center of the car? If not, this is where I would run to avoid all other oem wiring, thus reducing the possibility of induced noise. Try also grounding all audio equipment to the same point using a star washer under the screw to insure constant ground. In other words, all grounds to a central point.
Regards
Dave

I know, no one has pissed me off yet. You only give enough info to hang themselves.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by smilin dave
Did you run the wiring down the center of the car? If not, this is where I would run to avoid all other oem wiring, thus reducing the possibility of induced noise. Try also grounding all audio equipment to the same point using a star washer under the screw to insure constant ground. In other words, all grounds to a central point.
Regards
Dave

I know, no one has pissed me off yet. You only give enough info to hang themselves.
That's good and very basic advice, but it doesn't sound like there's a problem with induced noise through the audio system....

Got those 15 posts though, so enjoy the classifieds!