Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

exhaust too loud?

Old 03-07-2005, 06:16 PM
EF turd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DirtyEF is on a distinguished road
Default exhaust too loud?

yea i know its a saturn and its a waste of time putting any money into it but i just put a new muffler on to go along with catback piping and its pretty fuckin loud. I think the legal limit is 95 decibles? how would you measure the decibles? do shops do it? and has anyone ever got pulled for just that? thanks, and bring on the flaming

Last edited by DirtyEF; 03-07-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:20 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts
Default Re: exhaust too loud?

It's both ugly and illegal.

Good job.

Take it off or you're fucking retarded.

That's all. You can close the thread.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:21 PM
EF turd

Originally Posted by spic
It's both ugly and illegal.

Good job.

Take it off or you're fucking retarded.

That's all. You can close the thread.
thanks man, i appreciate your honesty. i come on here looking for an answer and thats all i get? wow this site is great
Old 03-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

Hey man, I dont know any shops that test it. But, you can always invest in a decible meter and check it.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:31 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Decibals or no decibals, an aftermarket muffler is illegal. End of story.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:33 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Originally Posted by matt067
yea i know its a saturn and its a waste of time putting any money into it but i just put a new muffler on to go along with catback piping and its pretty fuckin loud. I think the legal limit is 95 decibles? how would you measure the decibles? do shops do it? and has anyone ever got pulled for just that? thanks, and bring on the flaming
Old 03-07-2005, 06:36 PM
EF turd

Decibals or no decibals, an aftermarket muffler is illegal. End of story.
didnt they pass the law where its a certain amount of decibles and then its illegal? i thought i read that somewhere on here. Do they give people with aftermarket exhaust on trucks the same hassle?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Cop will pull you and give you a ticket...It's illegal to alter the vehicles stock exhaust system. And are you REALLY the loudest saturn in the 757 ?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:41 PM
i got 5 on it

Originally Posted by matt067
didnt they pass the law where its a certain amount of decibles and then its illegal? i thought i read that somewhere on here. Do they give people with aftermarket exhaust on trucks the same hassle?
No, because truck drivers aren't ignorant assfucks like Saturn drivers with ass-sounding exhausts.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:44 PM
EF turd

No, because truck drivers aren't ignorant assfucks like Saturn drivers with ass-sounding exhausts.
mine doesnt sound like ass, and sprintdrift, i think so probably the best sounding one from spics post. I set off a car alarm today coming into my neighborhood so i guess its pretty loud. I was trying to find out a way to record it and post it but im broke

Quick Reply: exhaust too loud?