Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

vacuum

Old 05-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Boost Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bOOsTiNb18b has disabled reputation
Default vacuum

Well i was using the sea foam product and i was doing it through the brake booster vacuum line...wen i disconnected the line it started to suck in air and the rpms started rising...like it could go all the way to rev limiter. Is this normal? If not, what is going on? Thanks..
Old 05-13-2004, 12:24 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: vacuum

Originally Posted by bOOsTiNb18b
Well i was using the sea foam product and i was doing it through the brake booster vacuum line...wen i disconnected the line it started to suck in air and the rpms started rising...like it could go all the way to rev limiter. Is this normal? If not, what is going on? Thanks..
that pefectly normal. its like having a gigantic vacuum leak
Old 05-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Gsr-t- is an unknown quantity at this point

with a vacum leak I would think it would drop????.....
Old 05-14-2004, 03:49 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by Gsr-t-
with a vacum leak I would think it would drop????.....
actually when you have a vacuum leak its esentially the same as having the throttle opened=vacuum leak.....got it??
Old 05-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

yep , i had a the large 1/4 inch plug on the victor x manifolds , come out on me while i was driving and i had to shut the car off and start it in first then shift reallly fast becuase it was like 75% the whole time , would rev asll the way to rev limiter. Was crazy. Never open one of these manifolds and just slap it on , becasue the plug had threadlocker all over it so i assumed that the plug was tight and never checked it , but about 5 miles into the first test drive of the swap it came out. So ill never make that mistake again.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:39 PM
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

yup. at least it shows you it works! and there are no leaks.