Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My Euro Trash/Life Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck
Default Re: My Euro Trash/Life Thread

So, sold my M3. Picked up a '15 ZL1 and shipping it here. Wasn't planning on getting a ZL1, but it's the best fast track/autobahn car for the $ and I need something to hold me over under $50k. The M3 was great, but needed something a little more track focused. It isn't quite as track and autobahn-ruggedized as it needs to be for me (I track a lot, and it's dirt cheap here in Germany). Should be here around mid-August. I'll probably pick up the new TT-RS sometime in mid-June which is what I want to end up with before I head back to the states- most likely Leavenworth. Here she is. '15 with 8k miles. I got it OTD for $44k. Not bad IMHO. It will sell for much more over here.

Last edited by djyuck; 07-18-2016 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:23 AM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Nice choice!
Old 07-18-2016, 02:56 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

What ? Got rid of the bmw already ?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
What ? Got rid of the bmw already ?
It's hard to explain to people the "why". Cliff notes: it's 6MT isn't geared for the autobahn and the brakes were a nightmare.

So, I like to cruise at about 130-140mph when I'm going somewhere. I did this for hundreds of hours in my SRT8 with zero issues. In the M3, 6th gear is rounding 6000 RPMs. The engine simply works too hard at high speeds in manual. DCT would have remedied this. Conversely, my brakes on the SRT8 juttered non-stop. I tried everything. It was faint, but still there. So, I sell the SRT8 after 18 months of loving ownership and guess what- my brand new M3's brakes do the EXACT SAME THING! Furthermore, they make a VERY loud squeal when tracking. Like, the second I get on the 'Ring, it squeals non-stop. As soon as I'm off the track, it never happens. Then, there's some design flaw where rocks always get stuck between the rotors and metal brake shield and makes terrible noises and is sometimes a PITA to remove. Nearly everyone in the forums has this issue. So, I decided I wanted to get something with really good brakes, steerable, but at the end of the day is a track-centered car that won't rev high on the autobahn. 6.2 blown-liters kind of solves that. I imagine when the ZL1 gets here I'll spend the next 6-8 weekends at the N-Ring and H-Ring to make up for lost time. So psyched for the ZL1. SUCH a monster!
Old 07-20-2016, 06:13 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

I wish I could get one of those big fucking 6.0L man
Old 07-21-2016, 05:14 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

I'm just here lookin for a C6 Z06. That Camaro is gonna be a beast, sir
Old 08-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

What about when you leave Germany though? Back to regular speeds on the highway seeing a Camaro every 5 seconds.

I get that you are choosing it for the right reasons right now, just curious as to future plans. You can bring me back a C5 RS6 Avant if you like?
Old 08-14-2016, 10:43 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by keefboz
What about when you leave Germany though? Back to regular speeds on the highway seeing a Camaro every 5 seconds.

I get that you are choosing it for the right reasons right now, just curious as to future plans. You can bring me back a C5 RS6 Avant if you like?
I read it as he plans to sell it when he leaves, and can get a lot more for it over there. Not a bad plan, really.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:46 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by Yardjass
I read it as he plans to sell it when he leaves, and can get a lot more for it over there. Not a bad plan, really.
That makes sense, but what to bring back....
Old 08-17-2016, 08:05 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Originally Posted by keefboz
That makes sense, but what to bring back....
I vote a clown shoe.