Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What type of cloth for removing wax?

Old 04-09-2004, 07:22 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default Re: What type of cloth for removing wax?

I've always used a new terry cloth to remove wax, then polished with a soft microfiber. Maybe you just need to try a different brand, the micros I use are soft as hell.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:39 AM
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Nosious
... Black cars tend to swirl much easier from what I've seen. It all depends on the paint that they use...
not exactly. its just "easier to see."depends on the clear coat. i use cotton terry cloths for detailing/waxing/buffing. I never resuse them. They turn into rags that clean my wheels and engine compartment. Also watch how much pressure you apply when you wax and how fast your buffer is.

Meguiars Gold Class
Old 04-09-2004, 08:01 AM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

I used micro fiber towels last time....i now have some of those light clearcoat scratches...i was not happy.

Nor do they feel good on your hands, catch on everything. Just buy a buffer.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:37 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Towels and other drying items need to seriously DROP in price
Old 04-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Use a Microfiber cloth definatley! They are soft as hell and they cut the wax off faster than you can believe.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:18 AM

Nosious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FRESH_GEAR
not exactly. its just "easier to see."depends on the clear coat.

Meguiars Gold Class
I can take pictures of my hood and make them come out like that too. Most people may not even notice my swirls but I do. I'm very picky and the OEM Nighthawk Black Pearl paint on the 03 Accord is a pain to upkeep.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:03 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Nosious; you should look into buying some *good* wax/polishes.

Meguiars PROFESSIONAL, #7 & #26, Zaino, or NXT
Old 04-09-2004, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by flo w fx
Nosious; you should look into buying some *good* wax/polishes.

Meguiars PROFESSIONAL, #7 & #26, Zaino, or NXT

I've got Meguiars #7, and Zaino. The problems aren't with which wax I choose, it is the shitty OEM Honda NBP paint. Meguiars, Zaino, and Zymol will make the car shine like a champ for a week max. All water beading stops and the swirls return. Buying overpriced "professional" wax doesn't always do the trick with a cheap clearcoat. I just bought some Black Magic wax/swirl remover and it works wonders on my paint.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:06 PM
hostgator.com

It's called owning a black vehicle.

We all have that problem.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by flo w fx
It's called owning a black vehicle.

We all have that problem.

It's called Nighthawk Black Pearl. Not all black paint is the same nor does it come with the same amount and kind of clearcoat from the factory.

Quick Reply: What type of cloth for removing wax?