Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What type of cloth for removing wax?

Old 04-11-2004, 02:18 PM
the monkey modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShizZits has disabled reputation
Default Re: What type of cloth for removing wax?

Originally Posted by ritz
To the bottom because my thread was ruined with bullshit.
if you want to remove wax, the easiest way is to wash your car (or just rinse it) and use a cheap chamois to wipe the water off. chamois' that aren't cod tanned or 100% synthetic strip wax off pretty effectivly. also, a really good (but really expensive) wax is just about anything from Zymol. I use three of their waxes; carbon (made for black cars), concours, and destiny. they smell great and look (and protect) great too.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Sorry maybe you misunderstood me. I'm talking about what kind of cloth I need to remove it once I've applied it (that won't scratch my clearcoat), not stripping it off.

Thanks for the info though.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:27 PM
the monkey modder

oh, microfiber.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Patron

Damn, everyone tells me microfiber, but the microfiber we have at my work seems really rough. If you run your hand across it you can feel it catching on your skin and that makes me very weary of using on my black paintjob.

WHERE CAN I GET GOOD MICROFIBER CLOTHES FROM???!?!?!?!?!
Old 04-11-2004, 03:17 PM
the monkey modder

dude, thats what microfiber does. its fibers are really fine and dont leave scratches; no matter how smooth your hands are, microfiber will snag and catch on your hand.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:33 PM

Nosious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ritz
WHERE CAN I GET GOOD MICROFIBER CLOTHES FROM???!?!?!?!?!
Microfiber clothes? Good luck on that one. But for a microfiber cloth
just go to your local automotive store (Autozone, Advance, Pep Boy's, etc).
Old 04-11-2004, 04:32 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

Originally Posted by GodsOther
I don't think any of you are bad people only because I don't think people are bad in general but there are a LARGE quantity of you on here that are a bunch of spoiled shit talking momma's boys who think they know everything when you really know very little. If you were willing to put in the hours and/or get a good paying job (which there are plenty of) You could live in a decent apartment and live just fine, you wouldn't have to live in a slum. The majority of you would rather just live off of mom and dad and use the money you could be using to support yourself to modify your car to win the approval of your peers.

I don't make assumptions only observations. Homeboy? sorry I am not from your "hood" "dawg" And your right not every 17 year old moves out at 17 but look at what the majority of 17 year olds drive. I was still in high school when I CHOSE to move out, junior year as a matter of fact and after I graduated I attended northeastern for about 2 years before deciding to join the service. So I graduated high school while supporting myself and I lived in a duplex in one of the nicer sections of my town at the time, probably equivalent to some of the apartment places near rosemont and holland rd. You like every other teenaged zit faced punk on here never cease to prove your own ignorance.

I totally agree with you with the spoiled kids with the modded cars, thats why my car is slow haha. Sure i have enough money saved right now for a swap/turbo kit. I'd rather keep saving for a place though.

My homeboy comment was sarcastic k thx. I've had my car since i was 16, and finally got the bodywork/paint done this december with a friend. A lot of these kids in here are on college, so living at home while they're not at school makes sense....doesnt make sense for them to be driving STi's and boosted civics/tegs. Then again if your parents offered you a deal like you wouldn't pass it up. Must be nice.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by Nosious
Microfiber clothes? Good luck on that one. But for a microfiber cloth
just go to your local automotive store (Autozone, Advance, Pep Boy's, etc).
Wow, thanks for pointing out my S on the end of cloth, ass.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by JETSWU87
I totally agree with you with the spoiled kids with the modded cars, thats why my car is slow haha. Sure i have enough money saved right now for a swap/turbo kit. I'd rather keep saving for a place though.

My homeboy comment was sarcastic k thx. I've had my car since i was 16, and finally got the bodywork/paint done this december with a friend. A lot of these kids in here are on college, so living at home while they're not at school makes sense....doesnt make sense for them to be driving STi's and boosted civics/tegs. Then again if your parents offered you a deal like you wouldn't pass it up. Must be nice.
Damint Vinny, this argument was dead now you started it back up again, fucker.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JETSWU87

Well you would be one of the few, a few individuals on here seem to think their parents are obligated to provide them with vehicles! LOL

My parents did offer me the possibility of living with them but there is always a hook, Their house their rules. I was more interested in starting my life and being in control of my direction in life then being under their house roof and rules. And so far I have managed to be successful in doing so. I am 24, drive what I consider a nice car and own a relatively nice house and live comfortably.

Quick Reply: What type of cloth for removing wax?