Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Virginia Front Licence Plate Law Revision Continued to 2013 for Vote

Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveVa has disabled reputation
Default Virginia Front Licence Plate Law Revision Continued to 2013 for Vote

There is an opportunity to change the law requiring front license plates in Virginia! Senate Bill 27 was continued to 2013 for review in the Transportation Comittee.

SB27 is an active motion in Virginia to remove the front license plate requirement for all non-comercial vehicles. It was continued into 2013 pending investigation by the Transportation Committee into potential objections from law enforcement and/or VDOT. If you live in Virginia and want your car to look its best, please write your state legislators in support of the measure (especially if they are on the transportation committee). You can find out who your representatives are at the following web address:

http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/VGAMain?openform

The bill and its history can be seen at the following web address:

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...e?121+ful+SB27

In my opinion high performance cars (and other cars for that matter) look much better without a front license plate. Especially when the manufacture never intended for the design lines to be broken with a big square plackard. It also saves VA taxpayers $2.3 Million per year to not have to produce tags and stickers for the front of the vehicles!

Feel free to repost to other EV and/or automotive enthusist boards...
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Virginia Front Licence Plate Law Revision Continued to 2013 for Vote

this crap comes up every year. never goes anywhere. get over it.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1
Default Re: Virginia Front Licence Plate Law Revision Continued to 2013 for Vote

Honestly, any vehicle looks better without a front license plate. But yeah, hope this passes.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

DaveVa has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Computer_Nerd
this crap comes up every year. never goes anywhere. get over it.
I think you would be surprised how much attention district level legislators pay to correspondance. If you take 10 minutes to email them - It might actually get passed.

Each person who emails/writes represents 100s that don't bother. If many people that read this thread actually email thier representatives, it will get out of comittee and to a vote.

Last edited by DaveVa; 12-20-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by DaveVa
I think you would be surprised how much attention district level legislators pay to correspondance. If you take 10 minutes to email them - It might actually get passed.

Each person who emails/writes represents 100s that don't bother. If many people that read this thread actually email thier representatives, it will get out of comittee and to a vote.
Dave,

you have 2 posts, so here's some fucking advice.

STFU.

Every year someone posts a petition to do this or write letters and every year it fails

Stop worrying about your fucking front plate and get to hidin' yer guns
Old 12-20-2012, 09:55 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I don't know why you guys are giving him so much crap for this. From what I've heard from people who worked for state delegates, if everybody on this forum with more than 100 posts wrote a letter, it would probably get passed.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by marlinspike
I don't know why you guys are giving him so much crap for this. From what I've heard from people who worked for state delegates, if everybody on this forum with more than 100 posts wrote a letter, it would probably get passed.
I'm sorry. I'd have to give a shit about a front plate.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:45 AM
AWD4G63

screamneagle has disabled reputation

It also saves VA taxpayers $2.3 Million per year to not have to produce tags and stickers for the front of the vehicles!

Do you actually think Va wants to save taxpayers money? I look at as 2.3 million dollars that the state wont be getting, I know that shit is not gonna fly.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

This is very noble and everything, but if you take your motivation to write a letter to the state legislature and use it for an important cause instead......
Old 12-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Originally Posted by screamneagle
It also saves VA taxpayers $2.3 Million per year to not have to produce tags and stickers for the front of the vehicles!

Do you actually think Va wants to save taxpayers money? I look at as 2.3 million dollars that the state wont be getting, I know that shit is not gonna fly.
Wow, that comment makes no sense to me. What do you think, the state makes a profit on purchasing tags and stickers? We'll still be paying the same amount for registration, we will just get one less plate and sticker set. If anything, the state will end up with more money left over from our registration fees for other things.

Quick Reply: Virginia Front Licence Plate Law Revision Continued to 2013 for Vote