Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

Old 11-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
This too. Call and find out how much court cost is and from there figure out what you wanna do, but you should get your car inspected.
No question about it...it was on my to-do list, I just don't drive the car too often and it slipped my mind. The front plate I would like to keep off the car, but we will see.

Court is $66, fine is $96. I can pay the $66 tomorrow if I want by getting the car inspected and going to the court window.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

kk1365 kk1365 kk1365 kk1365 kk1365 kk1365

ok all you have to do is get it inspected get the receipt, take a picture of the sticker on the car and take the ticket in to the clerks office and if you show them thats it. NO court costs no nothing unless its a fee labeled on the ticket.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by kk1365
ok all you have to do is get it inspected get the receipt, take a picture of the sticker on the car and take the ticket in to the clerks office and if you show them thats it. NO court costs no nothing unless its a fee labeled on the ticket.
The options on the "pre-payment" list all mention having to pay the estimated court fee ($66) even if I come with the problem corrected. The only one that involves no payment is if I get the charges dismissed in court, which as said above is kind of a crap shoot. I am going to go with my check book and act like its a simple "fix-it" ticket and hope for the best, I think.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by kk1365
This is the way it has worked for me, but it's been 10 years since I've had any tickets. <knocks on wood>

You can try talking to the cop who issued the ticket. They used to be able to take care of it for you.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

i got a ticket for an expired license that didnt expire at the time until 2011 (it was 2009 at the time) all i did was go to the DMV and they gave me a "new" one just with a different design and it was fine. I just got a ticket for expired tags that the clerks office fucked up by not sending my payment to the DMV and all i did was bring in the ticket and my registration and they said have a nice day. I got a ticket for no front license plate and i just took a picture of it and took it down and they said have a nice day. Its never been an issue and everywhere that iv gotten a ticket its been the same thing, either take a picture or bring in papers and its all over with.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

you will have to pay court costs regardless of the charge getting dismissed.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

TATTRAT is right things have changed in the past few years. I am almost certain that you are required to pay the court costs regardless of the fine or charge now.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
you will have to pay court costs regardless of the charge getting dismissed.
100% correct.

If you are required to go to court or attempt to pay JUST BEFORE your court date in that 10 to 15 day (or what ever it is, i think it varies with the type of offense) window that they process your paper work for the judge you have to fork out the money for court costs.

I had the same thing happen to me: Bought my car in NC, fully registered and insured before I picked it up. When driving back the SAME DAY I picked it up, I was stopped by Henrico's finest (not a block from my house mind you). Even after showing him my bill of sale that was NOTARIZED, he still wrote me the ticket. I showed up to court with the pink slip from my inspection that I got THE NEXT DAY and he of course dropped the ticket but sent me around to the clerk. There, the clerk explained to me that " Unfortunately, if you have to step in front of the judge for any traffic offense, you have to pay court fees." So I took that $60 shot in the ass, but it was worth it hear the judge tell the cop that " .... this was a waste of my time and especially Mr. O'Leary's (me) time."

You on the other hand, drove for 6 weeks with out getting it inspected. What did you expect?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FObangah
You on the other hand, drove for 6 weeks with out getting it inspected. What did you expect?
I've driven the car 2x in those 6 weeks...its not my DD. As you notice above, I am not complaining nor holding any ill will towards the cop for writing the ticket..just figuring out my options.

Thanks for your first-hand experience..
Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

iv never had to pay any court cost ever! iv had multiple tickets and never once have i stepped into court, iv gone to the clerks office every time and gotten my shit taken care of and not had to pay anything.

Quick Reply: Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)