Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts
Default Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

I ended up getting pulled over this morning for not having an inspection sticker on my M3 at all (not like I have an expired sticker...I have no sticker at all). The car is a garage queen and might get driven 1x a week, if that. I registered the car in Virginia in September, so it has been about 6 weeks since the car was registered.

In talking with some friends who have received expired sticker tickets, they were able to get the car inspected and go to court and show a receipt of this and get the charges dismissed and pay no court fees. Can I do this considering I didn't have a sticker at all?

The court cost is $66 which isn't the end of the world, but if I can keep that $66, I would like to.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:08 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
I ended up getting pulled over this morning for not having an inspection sticker on my M3 at all (not like I have an expired sticker...I have no sticker at all). The car is a garage queen and might get driven 1x a week, if that. I registered the car in Virginia in September, so it has been about 6 weeks since the car was registered.

In talking with some friends who have received expired sticker tickets, they were able to get the car inspected and go to court and show a receipt of this and get the charges dismissed and pay no court fees. Can I do this considering I didn't have a sticker at all?

The court cost is $66 which isn't the end of the world, but if I can keep that $66, I would like to.

Thanks for any help.
go get the car inspected and then show up to court with the court costs in case you have to pay them. why is this a hard concept?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by boredom
go get the car inspected and then show up to court with the court costs in case you have to pay them. why is this a hard concept?
Its not even a remotely difficult concept..perhaps you missed the reason behind my post:

I am allowed to go the to county clerk window today and pay the $66 court fine and be on my way without ever having to appear in a courtroom. However, my question is, if I get the car inspected and show up in court I want to know that I won't be made to pay the court fees and have to spend hours in court. I would rather pay $66 and not enter a court room or pay nothing and spend the time in court.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:18 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

here's a thought...go down to the court house or pick up a phone. perhaps you missed that you were illegally driving a car down the street.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Yea man, get it inspected and show up in court. more than likely they will waive the fees and be on your way.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by boredom
here's a thought...go down to the court house or pick up a phone. perhaps you missed that you were illegally driving a car down the street.
The point of a forum is to be able to ask others about their experience. I am at work and if someone else had a similar run-in, I would like to know about it.

You are all tuned up as if I am denying wrong doing...I am not. I am just asking a question which you chose to respond to. If you can't avoid being an asshole, simply don't respond. It's easy.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Yea man, get it inspected and show up in court. more than likely they will waive the fees and be on your way.
Thanks for the response.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:29 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Depending on the judge, you may still have to pay court costs
Old 11-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Donkey-Punch
Thats a gamble that might not be worth it.

I just called and its $66 if I show up with the receipt saying the car has been inspected to the court window. If I don't, its a $96 fine.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Donkey-Punch
This too. Call and find out how much court cost is and from there figure out what you wanna do, but you should get your car inspected.

Quick Reply: Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)