Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

Old 11-10-2010, 05:43 AM
SPARKLEmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah
Default Re: Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
I've driven the car 2x in those 6 weeks...its not my DD. As you notice above, I am not complaining nor holding any ill will towards the cop for writing the ticket..just figuring out my options.

Thanks for your first-hand experience..
When I said "drove" I meant drivable from a ownership stand point (insured,registered,etc.). Didn't mean for it to come off as "dickish"

It does seem like you are defending the fact that you DIDN'T get it inspected by saying you don't drive the car that much. Not being an ass, just pointing it out.

OPTIONS: pay the ticket before court (if you can), or go to court and tell the judge you had the car registered for a month and a half and DIDN'T get it inspected and he will more then likely hit you for the fine + court costs. You may get off with just court cost's but doubtful.

Last edited by FObangah; 11-10-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by FObangah
When I said "drove" I meant drivable from a ownership stand point (insured,registered,etc.). Didn't mean for it to come off as "dickish"

It does seem like you are defending the fact that you DIDN'T get it inspected by saying you don't drive the car that much. Not being an ass, just pointing it out.
I hear you. I agree that when I planned to drive the car, I should have had it inspected. That said, seeing as how the car is driven so infrequently, getting it inspected had fallen down on the priority list.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:48 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

I hear you. I agree that when I planned to drive the car, I should have had it inspected. That said, seeing as how the car is driven so infrequently, getting it inspected had fallen down on the priority list.
^see edit.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

^see edit.
I do have the option of paying prior to court and as mentioned above would like to avoid court as clearly there are no grounds for dismissal for any reason other than it has since the infraction been fixed (which isn't a reason...but could be if it were a "fix-it" ticket).
Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 AM
SPARKLEmotion

I'd do that then. At least you don't have to take off from work for court. May even save you some dough in the process. How much is the fine, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

I'd do that then. At least you don't have to take off from work for court. May even save you some dough in the process. How much is the fine, if you don't mind me asking?
It doesn't say on the ticket nor is there a guide on the back. The only pricing is the amounts to "pre-pay" to the court which in this case is $66. When I called the court I got the impression that the "fine" is $96 which I guess means I could pay that and not get the car inspected. I think I am only "eligible" for the $66 if I also provide proof that the issue has been corrected.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:33 AM
SPARKLEmotion

.....guess means I could pay that and not get the car inspected.
If your going to drive the car at all, GET IT INSPECTED.
You may get off if you go to court but there is no guarantee. If you do not get off you will be forking out the fine+ court costs ($96+$66=$162?) I would say pay now and save yourself the court costs because that you went a month and a half without getting it done. The judge will be able to tell when you registered the car and when the ticket was issued so you can't lie about it. The no inspection sticker violation will hang out on your record for a while, but I don't think it will affect your insurance rates.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

If your going to drive the car at all, GET IT INSPECTED.
You may get off if you go to court but there is no guarantee. If you do not get off you will be forking out the fine+ court costs ($96+$66=$162?) I would say pay now and save yourself the court costs because that you went a month and a half without getting it done. The judge will be able to tell when you registered the car and when the ticket was issued so you can't lie about it. The no inspection sticker violation will hang out on your record for a while, but I don't think it will affect your insurance rates.
Yes, but please stop assuming things despite what I have written. I was simply relating what the $96 meant...not that I was going to do it.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:58 AM
SPARKLEmotion

Yes, but please stop assuming things despite what I have written. I was simply relating what the $96 meant...not that I was going to do it.
huh?

Let me see if I can simplify:

Don't go to court: Pay $96 fine
Go to court: Pay $66 if you get out of ticket
Pay $162 if you don't get out of ticket

Good luck with your ticket.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

huh?

Let me see if I can simplify:

Don't go to court: Pay $96 fine
Go to court: Pay $66 if you get out of ticket
Pay $162 if you don't get out of ticket

Good luck with your ticket.
You act like you are explaining this to someone who isn't intelligent. Go back and read the first line of your post "If you are going to drive your car at all...GET IT INSPECTED". I have said no fewer than 5x in this thread that I will be getting it inspected...never did I say I won't do it and yet you still felt the need to remind me?

My line about the $96 fine was simply to educate you on why someone would pay the $96. Sorry if you missed my intent.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Quick Reply: Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)