Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2004 Kia Rio Cinco rear brake line help

Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oneCAMonly has disabled reputation
Default 2004 Kia Rio Cinco rear brake line help

Going to replace the rear wheel cylinder but stripped the metal brake line hose coming out the back of the old one (rounded the hose fitting). What is this line called and where can I find a replacement. Not looking to replace the soft brake hose only the metal tubing with threaded bolts. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: 2004 Kia Rio Cinco rear brake line help

Originally Posted by oneCAMonly
Going to replace the rear wheel cylinder but stripped the metal brake line hose coming out the back of the old one (rounded the hose fitting). What is this line called and where can I find a replacement. Not looking to replace the soft brake hose only the metal tubing with threaded bolts. Thanks.
its called a brake line...

either from the dealer it will come pre bent...

or from advance you will buy a section of line and bend it yourself for what you need...

if its too long then you need a flarring tool in order to reflare the end...
Old 07-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered member

is there a way that i can buy it already bent. autozone didnt have it. dealership will be my last resort.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by oneCAMonly
is there a way that i can buy it already bent. autozone didnt have it. dealership will be my last resort.
they come pre-bent and im sure anyone could order it and have it in a day. bending and flaring a brake line isnt hard, id do that if the car needed to be on the road ASAP. and btw go to napa the advance and autozone fags dont know shit, and they always ask "i know you only need wipers, but does the car have ac"
Old 07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

it will most likely only come pre bent "correctly" from the dealer...

all aftermarket companies hardly ever package it safely enough to prevent damage...

so either get a line and bend it yourself and flare it or wait till tuesday and go to dealer and wait a couple days for it to come in...since it probably wont be in stock...

OR your other option...take the old line off...take it to midas/meinake/bigals.etc...and ask them to bend you a line with the correct fittings...they have everything in stock and it shouldnt be too much money
Old 07-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by DOOM
they come pre-bent and im sure anyone could order it and have it in a day. bending and flaring a brake line isnt hard, id do that if the car needed to be on the road ASAP. and btw go to napa the advance and autozone fags dont know shit, and they always ask "i know you only need wipers, but does the car have ac"
ahahaha lmao ur right on that. ill check out napa tomo
Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by nftuatn
it will most likely only come pre bent "correctly" from the dealer...

all aftermarket companies hardly ever package it safely enough to prevent damage...

so either get a line and bend it yourself and flare it or wait till tuesday and go to dealer and wait a couple days for it to come in...since it probably wont be in stock...

OR your other option...take the old line off...take it to midas/meinake/bigals.etc...and ask them to bend you a line with the correct fittings...they have everything in stock and it shouldnt be too much money
o wow i never thought about the last option thanks for all the info.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:37 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Advance doesnt sell prebent hard lines... Brakes hoses yes. Guess it depends on the customer service you get on some peoples opinions of fortune 500 companies
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

I fucking love that...
Old 07-06-2010, 03:16 AM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

and btw go to napa the advance and autozone fags dont know shit, and they always ask "i know you only need wipers, but does the car have ac"
from my experience, NAPA is no better really. The people I have had to deal with all act like they know more about cars than they really do, looking at part catalogs and turning wrenches are two different things. Of course I hate arguing with the advance/autozone guys when they tell me a part on the car doesn't exist since it's not in their computer.

Quick Reply: 2004 Kia Rio Cinco rear brake line help