Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

local miata owners, post pics of your cars

Old 05-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Officially Official

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts
Default Re: local miata owners, post pics of your cars

It is a nice color
Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by shawn22
BTW, for you 1.6 guys like me, Fast Forward Superchargers is releasing a coldside MP62 kit for the 1.6 soon. So far, testing has made 176whp on 93oct at 10psi. BEGI also has a Coldside mp62 kit out that makes 141whp on 5psi.
price? everything seems to be in 2k plus range to make any power on a miata, and if i do go forced induction, id want to go turbo
Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

The FFS Coldside kit is $3k. BEGI's kit is $2700.

I've thought about turbo, but I've been reading about issues with them on use with track cars that I dont want to deal with, as well as throttle response issues.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:03 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

I've thought about turbo, but I've been reading about issues with them on use with track cars that I dont want to deal with, as well as throttle response issues.
what issues? elrcih (analPROBEGT-ZEkjgnjejrsprnestyucxzmn) had a small turbo on it, and it spooled super fast, faster than any other car ive ever been in.

arent superchargers all top end power though ie- higher rpms? unfort as you know, i dont have a daily so id still want something fun.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

Although i am no track whore that would be my biggest gripe.

I think ill stay N/A and pull as much power as I can out of good Ol' 87 octane. lol

Not to mention its my DD.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:09 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Originally Posted by Good Enough
Although i am no track whore that would be my biggest gripe.

I think ill stay N/A and pull as much power as I can out of good Ol' 87 octane. lol

Not to mention its my DD.
Response was never an issue with my turbo setup. It was the power curve. I didn't like just this huge massive gob of torque at like 3000rpm. I wanted something more linear. The rush is great, but doesn't suit my style of driving.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw
what issues? elrcih (analPROBEGT-ZEkjgnjejrsprnestyucxzmn) had a small turbo on it, and it spooled super fast, faster than any other car ive ever been in.

arent superchargers all top end power though ie- higher rpms? unfort as you know, i dont have a daily so id still want something fun.
Oh I dont doubt the power. But Vinny drove AJ's miata (greddy kit, meth injection, 130whp or something) and said that it lagged bad and just had bad throttle response compared to his M45-equipped car. And if you look on turbomiata, alot of track guys are having lots of issues with cooling, welds breaking on downpipes, studs backing out on the manifold/turbo, etc. I dont want to be at the track wrenching whenever I'm not driving. I want something that is basically plug and play that I can drive on the track and then relax in between sessions.

And it depends on the blower. All blowers currently out for the 1.6 are roots style blowers, which push the same amount of air through with every rotation. Those blowers basically mimic the stock powerband, just with alot more power and torque all the way across.

Kraftwerks/Rotrex and VF Engineering both have recently come out with Centrifugal style blowers for the 1.8 cars that are more like you describe. Centrifugal blowers are basically a belt driven turbocharger, and they make boost with RPM. They make peak boost at peak RPM, and it goes up linearly to there.

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
Response was never an issue with my turbo setup. It was the power curve. I didn't like just this huge massive gob of torque at like 3000rpm. I wanted something more linear. The rush is great, but doesn't suit my style of driving.
Yeah, I'd really like to feel a well sorted FMII or BEGI car to see how bad throttle response is compared to NA. Personally, I'd rather go turbo, but I'll be going with whatever is the best idea for a track car.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:30 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

i dont post on any miata sites, but i am members, so thanks for the good response. ive heard nothing good about the greddy kit. i thought super chargers ran extremely hot? im sorry, im a noob to all of this, ive messed with nothing but turbo cars (aka, driven and watched them being worked on)
Old 05-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Nothing but time...

Venice has disabled reputation

Cant wait for the adapter to be finished up i plan on picking up the throttle bodies next time i get paid .
Then in the winter they will be going on this .

Might also be ordering some new wheels 13x8's and i'm still waiting on my top hats and header that was brought 2 weeks ago .
Old 05-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Officially Official

Cant wait for this adapter either. Already got the TBs waiting!

Quick Reply: local miata owners, post pics of your cars