Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

F22 bored with H22 head

Old 02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jmwautorepair has disabled reputation
Default F22 bored with H22 head

Ok i have a 94 accord that i have completely built but i'm having a small problem that is kicking my @ss and i need some help. If anyone is game for making some money read this and hit me up. OK it's a f22 block that has been bored over with new pistons and rods with a .093 solid copper head gasket ( needed for clearance) that is stroked. Its got a 125 pis fuel pump aftermarket rail regulator full msd system and many other goodies. Now to the problem. It runs and has good compression but something is wrong it runs like a miss. New plugs and in 5 min of running they are blacker then hell. I've checked timing and it's fine i'm not sure if its mapping of the fuel i'm running a p13 ecu. I just cant seem to keep a plug in it for shit if anyone out there can help or wants to make some quick cash hit me up. I'm a ase tech with 13 ases but this swap its kicking my butt i just cant figure it out. It's fuel related somehow. but please hit me up at jmwautorepair@yahoo.com or my cell 7463220 ( john ) i'll be more then happy to pay someone to get this fixed. I can walk you through everything i have done. Thanks to all who read and reply
Old 02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Registered member

henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26
Default Re: F22 bored with H22 head

what size injectors you runnin and whats the pressure on your regulator at idle, try to adjust it down some. seems like its just dumping fuel so you could probably use a good basemap
Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

Well it's a 125 psi pump but regulated to 60 - 65 psi for now as far as injectors I have every size there is about 9 different sets from stock to insane and no difference in any. The plugs have been in about 15 min and they are black as hell not sure if it's ecu or what but got me pissed. Whatever it is it's something small and stupied
Old 02-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Isn't stock fuel pressure roughly 35 psi? If you have whatever unknown size injectors, and close to double the stock fuel pressure, and haven't had the ECU tuned for those HUGE fuel system changes, you're going to be running horribly. First and foremost, get everything as close to stock as possible to try to establish a baseline where you can actually troubleshoot. That means setting the fuel pressure to be in the same galaxy as stock, and using stock injectors. You might want to get the MSD system and whatever other mods out of the equation also. Once you can get it running right with a close to stock setup, then you can start adding stuff back in and see where you stand.

Don't worry about getting the ECU tuned right now, unless you have a reason to change something (like disabling the knock sensor because it isn't being used). A stock ECU should run that engine perfectly fine to troubleshoot with stock injectors and stock fuel pressure. The reason I brought that up is that there will be a lot of people telling you to get it tuned. You can do that after you figure out why the plugs are getting excessively fouled. There isn't any reason to get the tuning optimized when you can't get the engine running even remotely close to properly.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered member

henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Isn't stock fuel pressure roughly 35 psi?
+1
your regulator should be around that 35-42 area at idle. try that first and see how it goes from there
Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 AM
Registered Member

Angry Re: F22 bored with H22 head

Well no chance in Anything getting backfire in intake if I tap the gas at all I'm not sure why the hell is going on but I'm really close to taking this damn thing to duck or sell it. It took me 6 months alot of cash and time to get this motor built and I can't ficure this out for the life of me. Timing is right on got fuel got 293 psi completely across the board. F22 bored, block guard 99 prelude head cp pistons rods and pins aftermarket fuel rail and regulator p13 ecu blaster coil msd 6 and that's pretty much it for now. I also have a costom hand fab intake manifold throttle body and cams that will be put in it if I can get it to run right. This has got to be something stupied I'm over looking. Would the front o2 be causing all of this. The f motor has the o2 in the manifold the h dosent.
Good Advise from all but no fix
Old 02-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Dogs

BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR

Originally Posted by Jmwautorepair
Well no chance in Anything getting backfire in intake if I tap the gas at all I'm not sure why the hell is going on but I'm really close to taking this damn thing to duck or sell it. It took me 6 months alot of cash and time to get this motor built and I can't ficure this out for the life of me. Timing is right on got fuel got 293 psi completely across the board. F22 bored, block guard 99 prelude head cp pistons rods and pins aftermarket fuel rail and regulator p13 ecu blaster coil msd 6 and that's pretty much it for now. I also have a costom hand fab intake manifold throttle body and cams that will be put in it if I can get it to run right. This has got to be something stupied I'm over looking. Would the front o2 be causing all of this. The f motor has the o2 in the manifold the h dosent.
Good Advise from all but no fix
You can tell you never won the spelling Bee.

Have you taken any of this advice like turning down that ridiculously high fuel pressure and eliminating that MSD back to stock?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Registered Member

Im on my iPhone right now didn't notice the spelling. Yeah I've cut fuel back removed msd no change have stock injectors in it as well that's why it's got me so stumped. It's pretty much stock all I'm am runntin the stock harness with adding vtech and other 4 sensors which r wired right all grounds good. When first got it running the car would rev between 1500 and 2000 found bad air temp sen bad replaced that now hard to start and backfire in intake. Is there any way to post video on here
Old 02-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Check the throttle position sensor and MAP sensor. Those are the other big ones. I'm finding it really hard to believe that you don't have any CELs though.