Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

where to buy non ethanol fuel

Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: where to buy non ethanol fuel

Originally Posted by Reloaded
That means you'll use more fuel but it isn't going to lower your power as you indicated in your first post by stating your car is running slower.
I don't know about the OP's car, but not all of us drive cars with fancy O2 sensors and the like. Having to richen your mixture is no fun, and the older ignition systems don't seem to appreciate it.

You aren't running E85 either, you're running a blended fuel that is mostly gas with a small percntage of ethanol, less than 10%.
Actually, you'll find that it's 10%, not less than 10%, and many stations are running significantly more. There's nothing in place to check it, and the mixing is done at the trucks, so it comes out quite imprecise. When you combine this with a federal mandate on ethanol consumption, gas companies are taking it to the limit and beyond whenever they can get away with it.

And ethanol fuels like E85 are sigficantly more resistant to premature detonation and work well in high boost applications. So I really wouldn't say they "suck".
But ethanol fuels like E10 don't have this property.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

knotts island has no ethanol in the gas.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

There is one on 460, its 757, but its out here.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

just run 116 in the shit and be done with it..
Old 11-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Impulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these parts

LOL at this thread.

when they add 10% ethanol to your gas, they arent taking 87octane and adding 10% ethanol and marking it 87. then you would have less energy per amount of gas... but they are taking lower octane (more energy) and adding ethanol (less energy) to get 87, (same amount of energy).

applies to 89 and 93 as well.

in the end, same amt of energy. the ethanol mixed gas is only bad for your car if you are storing it for long periods of time, as it will absorb more water than a tank with gasoline alone.

go read something, your brain might grow.

Last edited by Impulsed7; 11-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 93vxhybrid
actually i do... LOL

gasoline with ethanol has a lower BTU(british thermal units) rating

, that means less power. ethanol also asborbs water

one gallon of gasoline has roughly 125,000BTU's
one gallon of ethanol has roughly 84,000BTU's

your car will run leaner and get worse gas mileage.

ethanol sucks........... PERIOD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline

Going by the numbers on Wikipedia, which are probably where you got yours (they're identical but ethanol is 84600), there is a 3.3% difference in energy density (by volume) between (non-diluted) gasoline and E10. I crunched numbers from a few other sources and found between 1.4% and 3.4% difference by volume, which makes sense because of the differences in brands and seasonal types of gasoline.

That doesn't actually equate to power loss either, because that would assume the exact same volume is injected, and ignores closed-loop fueling and differences in latent heat of vaporization, combustion temp, etc. But, let's say that it does equate just for sake of discussion.

So, you've made some generalizations about ethanol, so I'm going to make some generalizations about your car. You probably have a 125HP Civic. You'd lose ~4HP at the crank if your engine was in outstanding health.. You could clean the air filter and put in new plugs and gain that all back.

So really, I'm calling absolute bullshit on your claim that your car is significantly slower.

Oh, I forgot something..

Your car sucks......PERIOD.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-17-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Impulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these parts

take what he said, then add my post. If you can add, that makes u a moron. If you cant add, well... the forums will say the rest.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Impulsed7
take what he said, then add my post. If you can add, that makes u a moron. If you cant add, well... the forums will say the rest.
No, don't add your post. It wasn't correct either. I completely missed it the first time around, and I just went back and read it.

Originally Posted by Impulsed7
LOL at this thread.

when they add 10% ethanol to your gas, they arent taking 87octane and adding 10% ethanol and marking it 87. then you would have less energy per amount of gas... but they are taking lower octane (more energy) and adding ethanol (less energy) to get 87, (same amount of energy).

applies to 89 and 93 as well.

in the end, same amt of energy.

Octane rating doesn't have anything to do with the energy content of a fuel. For example, pure ethanol is 116 octane (AKI or (R+M)/2 rating, whichever name you prefer) but has a much lower energy density than gasoline.

If you took 87 octane gas, and added 10% ethanol, you'd have a mixture that has a higher octane rating than 87 octane gasoline, but a lower energy density.

If you want to end up with 87 octane, you start with something lower than 87 octane, and add ethanol. Then you end up with the correct octane, but a slightly lower energy density.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-17-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:09 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

that is why his sig proves true...over and over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD
I think fabrik8 enjoys shitting on peoples logic with science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nftuatn
lmao....he does it quite often and very well...
Old 11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

same ability to produce power vs the amount of knock you could induce. thats the only point I was trying to make.

you have to inject more fuel to get that power, and a more advanced engine would adv. timing to extract that power. so gas mileage would suffer, and does with e85. As usuall the american gvt. is more concerned with emissions and looking good on the green front than efficiency.

Quick Reply: where to buy non ethanol fuel