Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

EK Civic Wheel bearing nut/tranny issue?

Old 11-09-2009, 06:38 AM
JDMWHAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these parts
Question EK Civic Wheel bearing nut/tranny issue?

When tightening the wheel bearing nut, if I were to over tighten it by accident. Is it possible for the axle to pull out of the tranny enough to not go anywhere when in gear? It still looks like it is going into the tranny, but I heard that if it is not inserted all the way in to the tranny it will act like it is in neutral and not go anywhere.

Thanks for any feedback that can help.

The car is a 98 civic dx.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: EK Civic Wheel bearing nut/tranny issue?

You're tightening the axle nut against the hub, etc. It doesn't have anything to do with how long the axle is; there is plenty of plunge length to compensate for suspension movement. So no, if you're having problems with the axle popping out it's not because you've tightened the axle nut too much.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:11 AM
JDMWHAT

Venom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these parts

Thanks, I just dont know what it can be then.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

What he said.

Crank that bitch down.

Make sure you have shoved the axle ALL the way in the tranny.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 AM
JDMWHAT

yeah well today I will be pulling it off the car to check the seating.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

I hate everyone has disabled reputation

is the tranny catching the axle at all? if it is only partially in there, it will kind of grind and possibly strip off the cup or axle. force that bitch in there. crank down the axle nut.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
JDMWHAT

Originally Posted by I hate everyone
is the tranny catching the axle at all? if it is only partially in there, it will kind of grind and possibly strip off the cup or axle. force that bitch in there. crank down the axle nut.
Well when it first acted up it was catching for a lil while then within a few seconds it would start to act like its in neutral. Now it just acts all the time like it is in neutral and i hear a wine or a lil pitch of a noise from back behind the engine where the axles meet the tranny.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

the axles will pop/click into the tranny.