Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Carolina Kracker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26
Default Re: Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions.

that sucks.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

It wont get dropped because of a typo.

Oftopic who do you work for who does sprinkler systems? You can PM if you want.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So where in the state of NC is it legal to go 82 MPH? I don't think the speed limit matters.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

iammatt88 has disabled reputation

yeah it was in Currituck/Moyock. i"m going down on the 17th to talk to the DA. when i was at the court house i was told the 1st and 3rd Friday every month you can go talk to the DA, and try to get them to lower it or dismiss it. i doubt it will happen though, because i definitely shouldn't have been speeding. but its worth a shot.. . but i was between 2 cars, all 3 of us got pulled by one state trooper and he let the one in front of me go right away which i thought was bullshit...but anyways, shit happens, life's a bitch, and then you die.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

D3F4uLt has disabled reputation

lol sucks
Old 04-17-2009, 11:35 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Just get a lawyer. It's part of the Keep Attorneys Employed Act. You get better deals if your lawyer is the one doing it. I don't know any out in that part of NC, but I think in Currituck County the standard deal is going to be 14 over the limit for an 82 in a 55. Keep in mind that NC has the PJC system. If you've got one available you can use it after it's been pled down (can't use a PJC for 82 in a 55 so it has to be pled down first).

By the way, DO NOT JUST PLEAD GUILTY and take your lumps. Not an auto-reckless but it IS an AUTO-SUSPENSION and a class 2 misdemeanor, so it might as well be a reckless (the only difference is the length of the suspension).

Last edited by marlinspike; 04-17-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:29 AM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quick26
no it will not be dismissed for that. what agency wrote you the ticket? if its currituck, you can show up to court the day of your ticket and speak with the da. get there 30-45 min early to do this. it will depend on your record also.
No. See Below.
Originally Posted by jebsurf
I have OBX tags and got pulled in kitty hawk the other day for tint(22.6%) WTF... have court the 22nd of this mo because I am going to get it fixed and dropped.
Kitty Hawk cops are worse than Va Beach cops. I got pulled 3 times in a 2 week period down there for pretty much NOTHING. They made up bullshit as to why they pulled me over and ever tried to give me a little in car sobriety test..
Originally Posted by iammatt88
yeah it was in Currituck/Moyock. i"m going down on the 17th to talk to the DA. when i was at the court house i was told the 1st and 3rd Friday every month you can go talk to the DA, and try to get them to lower it or dismiss it. i doubt it will happen though, because i definitely shouldn't have been speeding. but its worth a shot.. . but i was between 2 cars, all 3 of us got pulled by one state trooper and he let the one in front of me go right away which i thought was bullshit...but anyways, shit happens, life's a bitch, and then you die.
Yea, they call it "Administrative Session" and if you can't make it to that, there's no "talking to the DA before court on your day". They're usually pretty cool with things though. I've had 2 70/55 tickets in Currituck and they always drop them down to a lesser speed. I guess if you're lucky they'll lower it more.

Last edited by Shive; 04-18-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

zeenon53 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jebsurf
I have OBX tags and got pulled in kitty hawk the other day for tint(22.6%) WTF... have court the 22nd of this mo because I am going to get it fixed and dropped.
That's some BS there....I had a state trooper pull me in nags head because my license plate light was out and he tried to check my tint with his business card. When I got my car inspected at seto's they made me pull my tint off, at the time I couldn't find anyone to pass me.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:46 PM
wadafuxup

burton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeenon53
That's some BS there....I had a state trooper pull me in nags head because my license plate light was out and he tried to check my tint with his business card. When I got my car inspected at seto's they made me pull my tint off, at the time I couldn't find anyone to pass me.
they made you pull off tint?
you should have smacked them