Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iammatt88 has disabled reputation
Default Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions.

OK, i got a speeding ticket in NC today. I was on my way to the courthouse in Moyock to work on the fire sprinkler system there. I was in my car, meeting my boss down there. It was 82 in a 55. he said its just a speeding ticket not reckless... i thought 27 over was reckless no mater what.(Am i wrong) he said he could have arrested me but isn't going to because "i cooperated with him".
But on to the main question---
My ticket for the violation say's, "........you did unlawfully and willfully OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE ON A STREET OR HIGHWAY AT SPEED OF 82 MPH IN A 5 MPH ZONE." that is quoted off of the ticket the state trooper typed up in his car.
Being that he wrote the wrong Speed zone down, would the ticket be dismissed? And has any one else had this kind of problem in NC?
Does anyone know where to find out how much the ticket would be i cant find anything online.

and no I"m not bitching about getting the ticket, i deserved it, i was speeding but the car in front of me was too. I'm just trying to see if there is a way i can get it reduced/dismissed without paying a lawyer. Any help would be appreciated.
(if this is in the wrong section mod please move it.)
Old 04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR
Default Re: Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions.

Try your question here....

www.NcDriven.com
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

pwn
Old 04-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

iammatt88 has disabled reputation

i figured i would get a bunch of smart ass remarks because it is VaDriven....but its cool... wasn't sure if anyone would know anything about NC traffic laws because i couldn't find anything...but hey thanks for your help!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

i love lamp.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:27 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

Originally Posted by iammatt88
OK, i got a speeding ticket in NC today. I was on my way to the courthouse in Moyock to work on the fire sprinkler system there. I was in my car, meeting my boss down there. It was 82 in a 55. he said its just a speeding ticket not reckless... i thought 27 over was reckless no mater what.(Am i wrong) he said he could have arrested me but isn't going to because "i cooperated with him".
My ticket for the violation say's, "........you did unlawfully and willfully OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE ON A STREET OR HIGHWAY AT SPEED OF 82 MPH IN A 5 MPH ZONE." that is quoted off of the ticket the state trooper typed up in his car.
Being that he wrote the wrong Speed zone down, would the ticket be dismissed? And has any one else had this kind of problem in NC?
Does anyone know where to find out how much the ticket would be i cant find anything online.

and no I"m not bitching about getting the ticket, i deserved it, i was speeding but the car in front of me was too. I'm just trying to see if there is a way i can get it reduced/dismissed without paying a lawyer. Any help would be appreciated.

no it will not be dismissed for that. what agency wrote you the ticket? if its currituck, you can show up to court the day of your ticket and speak with the da. get there 30-45 min early to do this. it will depend on your record also. if you have a clean record, they will work with you some. you could get a lawyer. if you need one, pm me and i will reccomend you to a good one. nc is suppose to be a reporting state, meaning that if they decide to report it back to va, if the speed is great enough they can revoke your license in va for it. DO NOT just pay it.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:08 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by DisturbedFocus
i love lamp.
I killed a guy with a trident.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by iammatt88

LOLZ at you speeding in currituck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all think VA beach cops are bad
Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

Originally Posted by jebsurf
LOLZ at you speeding in currituck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all think VA beach cops are bad
yeah they love a va tag. i got one over there 4 or 5 years ago. we were heading to the beach house from elizabeth city and i came up on an unmarked in a curve. he got me
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by quick26
yeah they love a va tag. i got one over there 4 or 5 years ago. we were heading to the beach house from elizabeth city and i came up on an unmarked in a curve. he got me
I have OBX tags and got pulled in kitty hawk the other day for tint(22.6%) WTF... have court the 22nd of this mo because I am going to get it fixed and dropped.

Quick Reply: Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions.